Atmos speaker orientation

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
ok I'm new here and to this stuff.... but my ceiling height will be about 11-12 feet, and my fronts might be about 10 feet apart with LP about 25 feet from front stage. If I do a 5.2.2, or 7.2.2 where would I need tp place speakers? I tried to use the calculator app thingy but it said my fronts were to wide or my atmos were too wide.... I'm kinda lost.
Wow! 25’. That’s a ways away. Hope you have some good mains!
Not sure which app thing, but the spec for .2 is about 30°

For width I’d probably go between 8 and 10’ apart. For a lower ceiling, I would not go 10’ apart, but with a higher ceiling, the dispersion would be wider so...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here are two pics. I ran the speaker wire concealers today. I would have rather wanted to fish the wires through the walls and ceiling but I always ran into trouble. I went along the baseboard and then up the corner to the right of the window and along the seam between the ceiling and wall branching of at right angles towards the speakers.

.atmos_build.JPGatmos_build-2.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I will try different positions and see how it works. At the moment, the speakers with the tweeter facing the listener position. Its easy to adjust.
Looking good so far. I may put some heights in the back as well. Heaven knows I got extra small speakers. Darn gotta order some brackets and more speaker wire. No rush though. :p

When do you expect the other speaker? What movie ya gonna test it with?
Some recommendations here:

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I received the other replacement woofer from PSB, exchanged the old out for the new. Here's what they look like inside in case your curious.
CS1000-5.JPG
CS1000-6.JPG

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis