gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
He said, "I can confirm all those names. We make amps for them. But I can't comment on Mark Levinson."
LOL, we got a similar answer years ago relating to Oppo and Lexicon :)

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I'm sure Fuzz, Irv, and I couldn't care less which amps anyone buys. :D

Most people know that I think all amps sound the same. Most would disagree with me, but it's all good. We cool. :cool:

Emotiva, Crown, ATI, Outlaw, Parasound, Adcom, etc, they're all good to me.

But it is interesting how ATI opening says on the phone and in writing that they make amps for many companies in America. I mean can anyone name a single other company that makes amps for anyone else? :D

What does that mean? Nothing. Just very peculiar to me. :D
I've come across a 4,000eu rebadge of an Emotiva XPA-1 before..

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm the guy who went to the ATI factory here in LA to pick up my 2007. They had a white board with the names AcuDef posted on it and the number of units to be built under each name. I met the guys whop built the amps. They take such pride in thier work. It's old school...rows and rows of work benches where men occupying work stations assemble by hand.

If you call Jeff there I bet you'll get a better price than through the website. :)
I think Jeff was the person I spoke to today on the phone. He sounds like a really nice person.

Some companies don't care about disclosure - like Lexicon, JBL, Outlaw, Cary. ATI owns Theta and B&K, so of course they build the Theta and B&K amps.

But others like Mark Levinson, Earthquake, Cinepro, etc. do have disclosure agreements.

Jeff, and all ATI employees will not comment on them. But you can clearly see they do NOT DENY it either. All Jeff had to do was simply say, "No, ATI does not make amps for ML, Earthquake, Cinepro".

Instead, he just said, "I cannot comment on those names". :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LOL, we got a similar answer years ago relating to Oppo and Lexicon :)
Yes. If Oppo were to flat out say, "We don't make the BD player for Lexicon", it would be a lie.

But when they say, "We can't comment on that", it's not a lie. But they might as well say it because it's an indirect answer to the question. :D

As far as I'm concerned, ATI makes amps for Mark Levinson. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Does this Jeff guy have an email address? Maybe I should fire him off a message.
You should change it up a little and say, "Jeff, ATI does NOT make amps for Mark Levinson, Earthquake, and Cinepro. Is is correct?" :D

I bet he would say, "I can't comment on that". :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I seem to remember reading about Bryston used to make amps for Lexicon but that could be just hearsays.

T

TazExprez

Audiophyte
I'm the guy who went to the ATI factory here in LA to pick up my 2007. They had a white board with the names AcuDef posted on it and the number of units to be built under each name. I met the guys whop built the amps. They take such pride in thier work. It's old school...rows and rows of work benches where men occupying work stations assemble by hand.

If you call Jeff there I bet you'll get a better price than through the website. :)
Jeff is the person who answered all of my emails. He answered them very promptly.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I seem to remember reading about Bryston used to make amps for Lexicon but that could be just hearsays.
I think they used to. I guess Bryston was charging too much. :D

But ATI (Jeff) confirmed yesterday that ATI in fact makes amps for Lexicon.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I hear you sir, but there is an outside chance..:)
I'm surprised a giant corporation like Harman International would source out their amps.

I mean they make their own speaker drivers.

They even have their own amp company - Crown. :eek:

I assume they make their own preamps, pre-pro, AVR. Maybe I shouldn't assume here. :D

Why not make their own amps?

Well, okay, we know the Lexicon 8 ch amp is the same as the Crown 8 ch amp. But that's it.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I'm surprised a giant corporation like Harman International would source out their amps.
I'm pretty sure the only reason they're keeping the Levinson brand alive is to support Lexus premium audio system brand. I'm not sure how much longer it will continue, but the No 53 amp, the No 326 pre-amp, the 532 amp, and the SACD player still appear to be designed in-house and purpose-built, though who-knows-where. Interesting how the No 52 pre-amp announced in January of this year at $25K (and discussed on AH) has still not been released in the US. I don't know if it has been cancelled, or only sold in Asia (where most of the No 53 market is, I understand).

J

joeschmoe18

Audiophyte
Thinking about buying an ATI amp...Anybody recommend one for HT use???

J

joeschmoe18

Audiophyte
Buddy has a used (about 10 hours) Anthem PVA-7 and I am considering buying it. Has given me a price yet, but has offered....Any thoughts on this unit? Is it good for both HT and music?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Most amps will be just fine for music & movies. ATI & Anthem are good, and so are a lot of amps.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis