ATI (Amplifier Technologies) Owners Thread

S

Servo15

Enthusiast
If the Monolith 8250 is just as good in terms of reliability and build quality, it would be a viable alternative to ATI fans.
Hard to say for sure, but they are not even close to being the same amp.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If the Monolith 8250 is just as good in terms of reliability and build quality, it would be a viable alternative to ATI fans.
It comes down to cost, warranty, aesthetics, and brand name.

For example, you and I know that Denon and Marantz sound the same. But some people will swear that Marantz is much better than Denon (to them).

ATI makes amps for a lot of companies. But some people will only buy certain brands.

S

Servo15

Enthusiast
It comes down to cost, warranty, aesthetics, and brand name.

For example, you and I know that Denon and Marantz sound the same. But some people will swear that Marantz is much better than Denon (to them).

ATI makes amps for a lot of companies. But some people will only buy certain brands.
Who's "You" in you and I? Cause it's not me.

Also, ATI makes the amps, but that in NO way means they are the same as their own amps.
People keep spreading these statements like that without really knowing what they are talking about.

Toyota owns Lexus, Honda owns Acura, so does than mean they are the same car?

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

Also, ATI makes the amps, but that in NO way means there are the same as their own amps.
People keep spreading these statements like that without really knowing what they are talking about.

Servo15, I would love to be educated by you. I would love to hear your vast experience and knowledge on these topics and brands. Are you able to provide breakdowns of the major differences in sounds between amps and processors. Which brands have you used? Amps? AVRs? Processors? etc... We need to know this! :D

S

Servo15

Enthusiast
My classes will be starting up again in January. I'll send a link for registration next week.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Also, ATI makes the amps, but that in NO way means there are the same as their own amps.

Well, first of all, I only buy Lexus, not Toyota. :D

2nd, I quoted @PENG, which means "You and I" is between @PENG and me.

3rd, I stated that ATI "makes amps for a lot of companies", which is an absolutely TRUE statement. I never said they are the same amp or anything like that.

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern
My AT543 is a great amp for my mains and it’s everything I wanted. In researching an 8 channel for the surrounds, I think the weight and price of the AT528 are a little too much for me. I’ve been seriously considering the Monolith as a second choice, instead of an indie brand, especially because of its connection to ATI.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
My AT543 is a great amp for my mains and it’s everything I wanted. In researching an 8 channel for the surrounds, I think the weight and price of the AT528 are a little too much for me. I’ve been seriously considering the Monolith as a second choice, instead of an indie brand, especially because of its connection to ATI.
IMO, if you wish to have an eight channel power amp, the decision to opt for the Monolith 8250 is a good alternative to the more expensive ATI product. You would have the assurance of an amplifier which has been built by the same people, an American company that makes reliable stuff with a solid reputation. If I was in your shoes, I would not hesitate about it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok , then it's settled. Have a nice day.
I'm still trying to figure out what got settled exactly Lol. @AcuDefTechGuy said nothing for you to give him a hard time over.

You do know he's an audio dealer and ATI is one of the brands he sells for. So Im confident he knows what he's talking about.

Also a lot of us here know after owning lots of gear that the vast majority of quality amps expensive or not if well designed and measure well will sound the same in a double blind test. So he's also correct in pointing out that people will buy different brands for other reasons then just audio quality.

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern
IMO, if you wish to have an eight channel power amp, the decision to opt for the Monolith 8250 is a good alternative to the more expensive ATI product. You would have the assurance of an amplifier which has been built by the same people, an American company that makes reliable stuff with a solid reputation. If I was in your shoes, I would not hesitate about it.
That’s the model I’ve been thinking about. It’s about 30# less in weight than the AT528 and I figured it would be perfect for my surrounds with the AT543 handling the mains.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
That’s the model I’ve been thinking about. It’s about 30# less in weight than the AT528 and I figured it would be perfect for my surrounds with the AT543 handling the mains.
For driving surround speakers, the amplifiers don't have to be very powerful as surround channels require much less power than the front channels. Driving surround channels with more expensive amplifiers is a waste of money for most of us.

T

Tom Cecc

Audioholic Intern
For driving surround speakers, the amplifiers don't have to be very powerful as surround channels require much less power than the front channels. Driving surround channels with more expensive amplifiers is a waste of money for most of us.
True, but if I use multi-channel stereo or go with towers as surrounds, I thought I could use the extra power.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I need to do 7-RTJ towers. See what that feels like…haha!
I wanted 7 JBL 590's and ran them for awhile that way up in the theater but just broke down with my family gripping about how big they were. It was friggin awesome.

My old home in my living room setup I had 3 JBL 590's with 4 SVS prime towers for the bed layer that was awesome as well.

M

milt1999

Enthusiast
FWIW, I ordered an ATI 3303 today.
Will post my impressions when I've had time to listen.

For now my amp history:
1972 MacIntosh MA-7100? 1st Integrated
1980 Rappaport AMP-1 100 W pure class A
1992 Levinson pre & power amp(ML-2?)
2003 BAT VK6200(3ch)(still have)
2006 Anthem A5(still have)
2012 Emotiva XPA-1L monos x 3 (still have)
2019 Emotiva XPA-1 Gen2 (still have)
2202 ATI 3303.

More later

S

Servo15

Enthusiast
FWIW, I ordered an ATI 3303 today.
Will post my impressions when I've had time to listen.

For now my amp history:
1972 MacIntosh MA-7100? 1st Integrated
1980 Rappaport AMP-1 100 W pure class A
1992 Levinson pre & power amp(ML-2?)
2003 BAT VK6200(3ch)(still have)
2006 Anthem A5(still have)
2012 Emotiva XPA-1L monos x 3 (still have)
2019 Emotiva XPA-1 Gen2 (still have)
2202 ATI 3303.

More later
Very cool and congrats! Am looking forward to your thoughts. I'm a week into my 4007 order.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis