At Home: THX Intro Before Movie Begins

M

mikehbkwm

Audiophyte
What do you mean by THX intro? The little demo clips some discs include or just something incorporated into the beginning of a film? If the former, you just don't play it, for the latter they're integral to the film playback IME.
I have a THX file that I would like it to play before three specific movies. I tried doing the ('part-1 & part-2) trick with the THX file and the movie file, but that didn't work because Plex sees the THX file before the movie file and does not use the movie files audio tracks or subtitles. It plays it in order the correct way, but two of the movies have alien dialogue (subtitles) and Plex does not see the subtitles if you put the THX file to be played first. Hopefully that makes sense. I can't use the Preroll option because it'll Preroll for my entire movie collection and I don't want that either.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have a THX file that I would like it to play before three specific movies. I tried doing the ('part-1 & part-2) trick with the THX file and the movie file, but that didn't work because Plex sees the THX file before the movie file and does not use the movie files audio tracks or subtitles. It plays it in order the correct way, but two of the movies have alien dialogue (subtitles) and Plex does not see the subtitles if you put the THX file to be played first. Hopefully that makes sense. I can't use the Preroll option because it'll Preroll for my entire movie collection and I don't want that either.
Have very limited Plex experience, and don't even use it any more. @panteragstk is very Plex literate, maybe he can help.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Howdy. Yes, you can do a pre-roll file that will play before every movie.

Scroll down to the pre-roll section and it will give you the directions. Works fine. I did it for years, but it got kind of annoying after a while.

M

mikehbkwm

Audiophyte
Howdy. Yes, you can do a pre-roll file that will play before every movie.

Scroll down to the pre-roll section and it will give you the directions. Works fine. I did it for years, but it got kind of annoying after a while.
Yes, I'm aware of the Preroll but I do not want it to play across all movies. Is there not a way to have the THX file I have play for only three specific movies?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
W

WildenSowl

Audiophyte
Hello there, folks. I wish I had found this thread earlier. I thought I'd go crazy on that stuff cause I had no idea what to do about it. Thanks for sharing your ideas. Actually, I have some friends working at the movie service, so I think I should ask them for help too. Anyway, I'm still really grateful for your help. You know, I'm 59 years old, and some things are too complicated for me to do. Sometimes it becomes hard to turn on my computer. Luckily I have a grandson who always helps me. Anyway, thanks for your help, folks.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis