Ask OPRA - Hums, Glossary, and Experts, Oh My!

In the continuing tradition of addressing the critical issues in Home Audio and Home Theater, OPRA returns with new wisdom, new suggestions, and new lists… all of stemming from a shockingly bad grasp of the basic functioning of speakers, amplifiers, and electricity in general. Covered today are "What is the REAL reason for hums in a HT?", "How to read an Audio review", and "How to Become an Online Expert". As usual, read at your own risk.

[Check Out the Latest OPRA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
TRUTH in audio, once again from OPRA! Many thanks for the education. 'Twas a brilliant piece-duh-resisttaunts.

Now, I know it was just one casual mistake. But mistakes MUST be corrected in online fori! It's a law of nature. The word is NOT (yelling for emphasis) "woo-man" amongst the average, married, audio-video fan. (Were you using Spell Chick?) It's woe-man. Look it up.

But all in all, you da man!!

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
rjbudz said:
Now, I know it was just one casual mistake. But mistakes MUST be corrected in online fori! It's a law of nature. The word is NOT (yelling for emphasis) "woo-man" amongst the average, married, audio-video fan. (Were you using Spell Chick?) It's woe-man.
HOW DARE YOU CORRECT THE OPRA!

And you are right...you must be an expert!;)

Fixed.

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
OPRA must be psychic! How did he know that CNN called me? Watch for me on Larry King next month. :D

Meanwhile, let's all behave ourselves, no matter how big a jerk [insert name here] is...

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
I have Undergone the transformation!
I use to think Eric Clapton was a God, but I have since come to my senses?
Opra is the man, not woe-man!!!!
Now, back to my special brownies and resin tainted wine.

May the Gods be with you Oh Great OPRA.:confused:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis