ascend acoustics feedback

• Thread starter clarence2society
  • Start date
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I read a bit on center channel lobbing and didn’t see mention of what happens if a 2 way bookshelf is on its side. Any thoughts?
I really don't know, but have to believe there is a reason why MTM's dominate center designs! At the same time, David Fabricant is no slackard and knows his S1 center will have to bear scrutiny of forums such as this to be successful in the ID world.

C

clarence2society

Audioholic Intern
Damn stay on topic....

Totally joking!!
Good info all around and its nice to be able to look forward to a lively thread.
Guys thanks for helpin an ht newb like me and newb to the forum as well.
Im very excited to get this built.
I have to wait to really use my avr and speakers for like another two weeks almost.
I live in lauderdale but travle to keys for work every week. This week i got home sun night n im leaving at like 8am back south. Then home sat and off to see brit floyd in estero sat night!!
They are amazing if ur a floyd fan. Close ur eyes and. You swear floyd is playin on stage.. Sun i go to see mom in tampa. Then back home wed night late. Sleep n back to the keys for work til sunday... Ugh what a month. Then finally i can come home for 3 or 4 full days and relax hopefully ill have my setup rdy to go by then.. Uh its torture waiting but itll be so worth it...
Again i love this thread being lively and its a pleasure to meet all u guys. I m a smart ass as you can see. Lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, if you can tolerate the sense of humor and understand it is an internet forum, you'll fit in :)

C

clarence2society

Audioholic Intern
Been hangin online for two decades. From irc to camfrog lol.

C

clarence2society

Audioholic Intern
OK GUYS UPDATE!!!

scored denon x2400h brand new 20 percent off $389 on ebay. so i took it!
(resale value is great and i could have got a dn 1080 but went with this for that reason and 3 yr warranty)
I will sell it later and get the 4400 like i wanted for same room or get 4400 and move this to bedroom. but i now have heos on this system anyway so its just auro ill be missing)
i got the ascend 340 se from audiogon from a cool dude in miami with tp 24 stands 300 bucks 4 yrs warranty
340 se center from ascend $324 shipped
i currently decided to save a few bucks and my old old bose 201 series 4 for LR surround blend pretty well with the ascends....
also got my hsu VTF 2 MK5 sub for 607 with ext warranty.
grand total $1620... ill upgrade rears prob with cbm 170s when i get more cash to spare. which will put me at 1900 ish.. still under 2k for a bad ass system...

the LR sounded ok to me at first... then i got the center and filled stands with kitty litter and the whole world changed.... the filled stands really brought out the low end and details amazingly well. i can hear thigns moving past my speakers left and right and fading away.. its killer....

we put on Saving private ryan opening scene and WOW just wow...
ive been playin ps4 today and it sounds great. i just need to talk to denon about calibration again causei had to mess with levels to get it wherei wanted.. but it does soudn great.. that hsu may tear my trailer to pieces BAHAHAHAHA

thank you guys for all the help and im up and running now....

best sounding mobile home on the block... and i know when i get a bigger room in our house were looking for this system will hold its own as well.
im very excited as we just set her up two nights ago and really tested last night... and watched jurassic world for fx sake.. AWESOME!
i may have missed things i wanted to say but this about sums it up...

oh and talking to dave and dina at AA is awesome feels like life long friends they are great ppl we go back and forth often. im very happy with my decision.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis