As of today, Cannabis is legal in Canada

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm definitely interested in it for medical purposes. The research on its benefits for diabetes is reasonably encouraging (and even CBD extract seems to be having beneficial effects in that regard and others going by my lab results at least).
If I had a medical condition that would be alleviated by cannabis, I'd certainly give it a shot. I just have no interest in recreational use. I read an article yesterday (can't seem to the link right now) which postulated that with legalization, there will be a dropoff of medical prescriptions - just like after the end of alcohol prohibition, the need for medically prescribed booze mysteriously disappeared. Strange, eh?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I read an article yesterday (can't seem to the link right now) which postulated that with legalization, there will be a dropoff of medical prescriptions - just like after the end of alcohol prohibition, the need for medically prescribed booze mysteriously disappeared. Strange, eh?
Not that strange. Aside from people that didn't legitimately need a prescription, the new legalization/availability would in effect mean you could buy it OTC like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, so there's less reason to bother with the hassle of getting a medical prescription.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not that strange. Aside from people that didn't legitimately need a prescription, the new legalization/availability would in effect mean you could buy it OTC like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, so there's less reason to bother with the hassle of getting a medical prescription.
Here in the states where we have both medical and recreational available, sometimes there's less tax on the medical....so if you have a prescription you'd probably keep using it or consider getting one....personally have yet to purchase in a dispensary either way. :)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
What brain damage are you speaking of? What level of consumption defines abuse for cannabis?
I'm not an expert on cannabis, but there have been many articles in papers and medical reviews about possible harmful side effects.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not an expert on cannabis, but there have been many articles in papers and medical reviews about possible harmful side effects.
Mostly bullshit propaganda? That's been the bulk of "information" on the subject for the last 100 years.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I know this is probably obsolete, but in the 70's Consumer Reports came out with an article where they (probably other researchers, this didn't seem like standard CR fare) forced three "standard" joints per day on each of several monkeys and an significant alteration of their mental activity was measured. I saw a photo of one of the monkeys and looked up the breed. On average, their lung capacity was 1/15 a mature human's lung capacity. So by human standards, each monkey was being forced to inhale 45 whole (not shared with others) joints daily! In that light, it seemed like a rather desperate/pathetic attempt to force a negative result!

I stopped smoking pot when they announced they would start drug testing at the nuclear plant I was working at. They gave a 6 week warning and included information on how long each drug took to clear the body (4 weeks for pot, IIRC). I liked my job, so quit smoking.
Interestingly, it impacted the Document Control Department (in a nuclear plant, there are procedures to ensure that there are no obsolete documents in circulation),they lost the people who were friendly about going to pull a print for us engineers and it became a royal pain to get help. One day a friend of mine started flicking the light switch on-off (it was by the entrance to the room) and yelling "help!" in a Mr. Bill voice while the staff just sat at their desks and studiously ignored us!
I'm not sure this story to make a case for or against pot, it was just a surreal experience.
What a world we live in!:)

Of course, the drug testing program was a new "game" and there were a few A'holes who were reported (anonymously) for doing drugs on an almost daily basis just to harass them (there were 20,000 people working there when construction was full bore). The rules were adjusted so no one would be tested more than a maximum of twice a month.

Last edited:
P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Congrats my Canadian friends. Too bad the US pretty much still buys into the propaganda madness from the early 20th century. At least some states here in the US have come to their senses but our idiotic republicans (and some democrats) stil stand on the side of propaganda....
...trump is looking at leaving it up to the states to decide if they want to legalize it...will it happen? Who knows, but hes been more involved in moving forward with the issue than the previous potus ever was...I personally could care less, legalize it, but dont expect to smoke at work or while driving...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
...trump is looking at leaving it up to the states to decide if they want to legalize it...will it happen? Who knows, but hes been more involved in moving forward with the issue than the previous potus ever was...I personally could care less, legalize it, but dont expect to smoke at work or while driving...
Then I might finally have something to complement the drumpf on. So far he's still got Sessions rattling the federal sword and not letting the states decide despite all the posturing about letting states have more control. I wouldn't expect things like using THC active stuff at work or while driving to not have limitations....altho it would be nice if someone is using something like a THC-free CBD wouldn't be affected.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The benefits of drinking alcohol is a topic I could really run with. Don't listen to that study. Fake news.
Yeah, also, I think these studies often only look at the direct physiological effects and ignore any mental solace an individual might get.
One thing that I read on a bathroom wall in college that has stuck with me:
"LSD consumes 47 times its weight in excess reality"

...in case you were too young to remember the commercial this comes from, just substitute "reality" whenever it says "stomach acid"!

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Im still pissed that I left California and THEN they legalize it. One bad choice after another coming to this sht hole of a state they call New Mexico.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Black market probably really won't go away, altho almost gone here in Oregon due to price crunch and California legalizing. It's not legal for minors in Canada is it? Less harmful than alcohol IMO/IME. Jailing people for it is insane for the most part. Most legal issues based on misinformation, too. Truly a waste as far as most legal issues/incarceration goes.
When did minors start to care if pot was legal, or not?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That's bullshit about the brain damage, at least not in comparison to alcohol...not by a long shot. You are probably working with some propaganda? I'm a lifetime user and know many others. It's hard to "abuse" cannabis as it is with other drugs. Usually you just get massive munchies as an ill effect. Have you any experience yourself?
Maybe not damage, but it stunts development in younger people and as far as abusing it, let me tell you, wastoids were everywhere when I worked in a shopping mall and they were freaking useless. Teenage wastoids become adult useless adults. it's bad enough that US schools apparently don't teach kids to count money, doing it stoned will cost billions in bad cash transactions. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Im still pissed that I left California and THEN they legalize it. One bad choice after another coming to this sht hole of a state they call New Mexico.
I thought that sh*t hole was supposed to be the land of enchantment? Not feeling so enchanted? When i lived in CA I probably spent upwards of 4 maybe 5k a year on weed. And I lived there for five years. Just think about the bitchen speakers I could have with 25k... WHoooooha

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought that sh*t hole was supposed to be the land of enchantment? Not feeling so enchanted? When i lived in CA I probably spent upwards of 4 maybe 5k a year on weed. And I lived there for five years. Just think about the bitchen speakers I could have with 25k... WHoooooha
You either overpaid or have one hell of a party going on all the time!

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Then I might finally have something to complement the drumpf on. So far he's still got Sessions rattling the federal sword and not letting the states decide despite all the posturing about letting states have more control. I wouldn't expect things like using THC active stuff at work or while driving to not have limitations....altho it would be nice if someone is using something like a THC-free CBD wouldn't be affected.
That's what I dont get, cant remember off the top of my head the name of the 'Gov organization' but they basically come up with bs reports to slow down the process

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's what I dont get, cant remember off the top of my head the name of the 'Gov organization' but they basically come up with bs reports to slow down the process
Federal prisons for profit? LE unions?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wait, maybe you mean DOJ? Or DEA?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis