as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Had to happen. Those states (Texas, Georgia, S Carolina, Florida, Arizona, and others) should not have opened up so soon.

They were warned but they ignored the warnings. Some politicians were arrogant and foolish, risking many lives. I hope they pay in the next election.
I don't have a problem with any of them trying to open up I just really had a problem with how they opened up.

I mean sooner or later you have to try you can't sit still forever but could we at least go by CDC guidelines when you do it? And listen to your other medical experts too?

And for f@$! sakes mandate masks and make bars and ceartin high risk type of environments the FINAL phase of opening up not all at once like every thing else?

How about start with retail stuff monitor cases move to say restaurants next wait a few weeks monitor cases slowly start trying to lift the cap just common sense approaches like that is that too much too ask?

I guess it was too much too hope for I think your probably right if we aren't willing to do those things then might as well have stayed shut down I guess

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I guess now the thing that sucks is it may be too late to stop the surge at this point although it looks like they are going to try

The problem is its like poker we played a big hand and then went all in with the lock down with the gamble that when we opened back up we'd do it the right way after buying our medical time

Now that we f@$!ed that up there's only so many times you can make a big play like that in a game. You go all in and it doesn't pay off well eventually your left with nothing to fall back on

We only have so many of those kind off moves we can play so hopefully if we get through this we learn from this and male sure if we make a big play next time WE GET IT RIGHT

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
We can still keep things from peaking so bad, by isolation & wearing masks in public, that hospitals don’t get overwhelmed.

I guess there are bunches of people who don’t get how fast infectious viruses can spread.

There are also politicians who think a macho image is all it takes. They must shut up and follow medical & scientific advice — like their lives depend on it.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I guess now the thing that sucks is it may be too late to stop the surge at this point although it looks like they are going to try

The problem is its like poker we played a big hand and then went all in with the lock down with the gamble that when we opened back up we'd do it the right way after buying our medical time

Now that we f@$!ed that up there's only so many times you can make a big play like that in a game. You go all in and it doesn't pay off well eventually your left with nothing to fall back on

We only have so many of those kind off moves we can play so hopefully if we get through this we learn from this and male sure if we make a big play next time WE GET IT RIGHT
It is definitely a source of high anxiety.
Just relax, take some deep breaths, and find your happy place!

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
To everyone this long weekend when you ought to be isolating:

Peace Love and Barbecue. And of course music.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I slept so much better last nite after 'the Donald' let me know that COVID was just gonna disappear ........

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While I have seen several explanations I like this one with a bit of mystery to it:

In the nearly 40 years since Kendall’s piece was published, no one seems to have come any closer to a conclusive account of the phrase’s origins or intended meaning within the Lone Ranger series. Kendall herself decided she preferred “the mystery to certainty,” and perhaps the word is indeed a bit more fun that way. On a 1969 episode of The Johnny Carson Show, Carson did a sketch in which he interviewed Jay Silverheels—who portrayed Tonto on the Lone Ranger TV series—in character, for a new job at NBC. “I work 30 years as faithful sidekick for kemosabe,” Silverheels tells Carson in the bit. “Hunt, fish, make food, sew clothes, sweep up, stay awake all night, listen for enemies for kemosabe. Risk life for kemosabe. Thirty lousy years.” When Carson wonders why Tonto’s former employer let him go, the once-faithful sidekick replies, “Him find out what kemosabe mean.”

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis