tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Has any one heard of this company or their products? They look like a really nice speakers for the price.. Would like to know how these compare with other brands and their products. Mostly interested in the sub's they offer but would like to also hear about the speakers if you have information.

http://www.arendalsound.eu/collections/1723-series

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I'd seek out auditions. My natural skepticism leads me to question companies that specify break in periods for subs, and uses the 'bell' from a Venturi stack on a tweeter!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It's a spinoff of L-Sound, the Norwegian distributor of SVS + some other brands ... Named after the city where they're located,,,,

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

It's a spinoff of L-Sound, the Norwegian distributor of SVS + some other brands ... Named after the city where they're located,,,,
Ya I read that from their site. Would like to hear if any one has experience with this new company and how those speakers sound and perform.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I'd seek out auditions. My natural skepticism leads me to question companies that specify break in periods for subs, and uses the 'bell' from a Venturi stack on a tweeter!
Not available in the US. The tweeter does look as if it might bore a hole in your head. The flare looks wrong for good dispersion to me.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
It sounds like they are trying to make marketing style excuses for why they have a tweeter crossed over so low.

I seriously doubt these offer a pleasing sound!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The Finish brand Amphion has beed doing this for ages, and they're seemingly very popular is studios ..... seems like it works for them

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
The Finish brand Amphion has beed doing this for ages, and they're seemingly very popular is studios ..... seems like it works for them
Titanium tweeters crossed over at 1600 hz? There's no way these can sound decent!

SEAS is your 'home-town hero', and TLS Guy above me has designed and built dual transmission lines incorporating five SEAS drivers each. Surely their driver's are found in more generic designs, local to you?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Titanium tweeters crossed over at 1600 hz? There's no way these can sound decent!

SEAS is your 'home-town hero', and TLS Guy above me has designed and built dual transmission lines incorporating five SEAS drivers each. Surely their driver's are found in more generic designs, local to you?
There's more designs with Seas over here than it's possible to count, I don't remember any of them crossing over as low as 1600Hz

I know all about TLS guys love for Seas drivers... I think; especially the excel woofers

About Amphion, I have no idea how this works... but they're getting rave reviews...

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

There's more designs with Seas over here than it's possible to count, I don't remember any of them crossing over as low as 1600Hz

I know all about TLS guys love for Seas drivers... I think; especially the excel woofers

About Amphion, I have no idea how this works... but they're getting rave reviews...
I have heard some of Amphion models and they sound pretty good, actually I was considering them when I was looking for speakers. Went with KEF instead as back then KEF had better materials used and I liked the sound of KEF better than Amphion speakers on same price range.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I have heard some of Amphion models and they sound pretty good, actually I was considering them when I was looking for speakers. Went with KEF instead as back then KEF had better materials used and I liked the sound of KEF better than Amphion speakers on same price range.
Sorry for derailing thread....

Which KEF's?

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
There might be more criticism if the tweeter crosses higher on an 8" woofer.

Vapor audio aurora uses a wave guide on the tweeter thats crosses to an 8" at 1100hz.

Amphion has an article about waves and how they achieve lower crossover point.
I think the idea is pretty similar in these designs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis