Arendal 1723 2V Subwoofer Review

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
You say that as if its a fact when it couldn't be further from the truth, at least at Audioholics. James Larson gets paid the same fee for every review he does for us, good or bad. He NEVER keeps a single product he reviews for himself. Unless you have proof of such an acquisition about any reviewer, you might want to rethink making such claims.
I find James Larson very forthright and a great person with vast experience for guidance. I trust his reviews and it should be evident which speakers he thinks stand out. And you can always ask him too

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You say that as if its a fact when it couldn't be further from the truth, at least at Audioholics. James Larson gets paid the same fee for every review he does for us, good or bad. He NEVER keeps a single product he reviews for himself. Unless you have proof of such an acquisition about any reviewer, you might want to rethink making such claims.
Good point Gene. And I might add that many reviewers will state that IF they keep a review unit, they will have paid for it. The review unit might be discounted, but still… The reviewer is still purchasing it. Afaik…

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Good point Gene. And I might add that many reviewers will state that IF they keep a review unit, they will have paid for it. The review unit might be discounted, but still… The reviewer is still purchasing it. Afaik…
I think it's hilarious that everyone just assumes that reviewers are so biased. We all know of plenty that are, but we also know that this isn't the place for that sort of thing. People doing even the most basic reading on this site would realize that.

B

brian6751

Audioholic Intern
Yes, we have the 1961 1V in house. It will be some time before that review is published though, so don't hold your breath. Might be up sometime in mid-November hopefully.
Any update on the 1961 1V review?

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
You didn't answer the question. You side stepped it. So what advantages are there owning the Arendal over 2 F18s?

And the JTR Captivator RS1 are twice the cost of the Rythmik so I would hope it would smoke the F18.
Rythmik doesn't send any of their subs for review, pay the reviewer's club or sponsor on any websites/forums. That makes me want to move up from my dual L12s to dual F18s in the future. ;) Maybe, it's "inferior" to the rest of the sht that gets sung about for days. But, oh, I'll take a chance on their supposedly "inferior" offering. ;)

Last edited:
StoopidMonkey

StoopidMonkey

Audiophyte
@gene @shadyJ I have a question about the 1723 2V's "Extreme Bassaholic" rating. According to the site one of the Extreme criteria is to have the SPL output @ 4 meters be >= 117dB @ 25Hz. The listed CEA-2010 2m 25Hz burst test shows 109.1dB, and adding +6 to convert that to a corner loaded 4m value makes it 115.1dB. Did I misread how the CEA-2010 values should be converted? Also FWIW the way I'm calculating the 31.5-63Hz measurements is adding together the 31.5, 40, 50, and 63Hz values, dividing by 4 for the average, and adding 6 for the 4m corner-loaded conversion. The reason why I'm running the numbers is to see if some other model subs just barely make it into one room category or another or if they're in a solid median. Also because MY room size is bordering around 3000ft^3 in between size categories.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
@gene @shadyJ I have a question about the 1723 2V's "Extreme Bassaholic" rating. According to the site one of the Extreme criteria is to have the SPL output @ 4 meters be >= 117dB @ 25Hz. The listed CEA-2010 2m 25Hz burst test shows 109.1dB, and adding +6 to convert that to a corner loaded 4m value makes it 115.1dB. Did I misread how the CEA-2010 values should be converted? Also FWIW the way I'm calculating the 31.5-63Hz measurements is adding together the 31.5, 40, 50, and 63Hz values, dividing by 4 for the average, and adding 6 for the 4m corner-loaded conversion. The reason why I'm running the numbers is to see if some other model subs just barely make it into one room category or another or if they're in a solid median. Also because MY room size is bordering around 3000ft^3 in between size categories.
Add +6 for peak values, but +9 for RMS values. We publish the data in RMS. So the 2V would pass at 25Hz.

Regarding 31.5Hz through 63Hz data, all you really need to look at is the 31.5Hz data there. It will always be the case that the 31.5Hz measurement is lower than 40, 50, and 63Hz. If any of those frequency values fall below the criteria, the subwoofer fails to make that room rating. However, realistically speaking, the 31.5Hz will always be the value that determines that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis