Are you ready for Real ID?

jcrowde3

jcrowde3

Junior Audioholic
exactly, it should be(but isn't) on everyones radar. Besides, depending on the state in which you reside getting it may not be as easy as you would think.
In Tennessee, wife recently renewed her License. We didn't see real ID as an option and didn't get a real ID. Good thing we have passports and I have global entry/TSA precheck.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The problem can be broad shoulders too.
Or long legs or wanting to recline or a bunch of other things the seating is just too tight to enjoy with. Snacks and drinks another decline now that I think about it over the years.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL, I guarantee you the fat asses out number them !
I had a wonderful experience many many years ago flying from Singapore to Sydney, where a change in schedule necessitated economy class instead of business class....and had a very large Greek orthodox priest in the aisle seat, me in the middle, and a slight Singaporean in the window seat....I made him a deal for the window seat which my Singapore acquaintance quickly realized was a bad deal due to body odor to start, then his penchant to lean and squeeze into both of us to look out the window (but didn't want the window seat unfortunately)....

But in the US fat people do dominate. Just look at a drumphy rally!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I had a wonderful experience many many years ago flying from Singapore to Sydney, where a change in schedule necessitated economy class instead of business class....and had a very large Greek orthodox priest in the aisle seat, me in the middle, and a slight Singaporean in the window seat....I made him a deal for the window seat which my Singapore acquaintance quickly realized was a bad deal due to body odor to start, then his penchant to lean and squeeze into both of us to look out the window (but didn't want the window seat unfortunately)....

But in the US fat people do dominate. Just look at a drumphy rally!
LOL, agreed, but what is truly sad is obesity among the young folks

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well, with the many obese/inactive role models....
again, true, but when you and I were kids we came home from school, went outside a played until the dinner bell rang. Didn't plop our ass down in front of a computer screen !

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
again, true, but when you and I were kids we came home from school, went outside a played until the dinner bell rang. Didn't plop our ass down in front of a computer screen !
Different generation, prior to phones, video games and paranoid parents ?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Funny thing is, I did both. For most of my life we were always outside, but every once in awhile we'd stay in and play video games all day. Not often because it got boring, but we were a good mix of generations. Which is why we hate being lumped in with millennials.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I just had visions of drumph rallies....but forget which venting thread is which sometimes :)
This wasn’t opened as a vent thread either, but somehow it turned into one. It really was just a friendly reminder.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Starting October 1, 2020 you will only be able to use your driver's license to get through security at US airports if it's a Real ID license. I always use my passport anyway, because I hate fumbling with or misplacing my driver's license, but if you fly domestically, don't have a passport, and don't have a Real ID license, get ready for chaos.

GA started requiring the Real ID DL in 2015 so we've already been thru the drama phase of license renewal etc. (in fact my Real ID LIC is up for renewal next yr) but it will be a big wake up call for those that don't have it and try to fly after OCT 1.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
here in Pennsyltucky one must provide proof of Identity, proof of a Social Security number, two documents of proof of your Pa residency.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
26 years ??? David, you were just getting started !!

I'll have 46 years come April 1st(started with the Penn Central RR 4/1/74), I do plan on retiring come the end of the year, my oldest grandson is 10 and I have no clue where the past 10 years have gone !
Nice not too many people work at a job anywhere near that long. And you are correct - where does the time go? Enjoy your time with your grandson man. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
here in Pennsyltucky one must provide proof of Identity, proof of a Social Security number, two documents of proof of your Pa residency.
So where in PA are you again? I was born and raised in Pittsburgh but left a long time ago. Still have some family there.

C

CharliePugh

Audiophyte
Would be interesting to hear how everyone's experience has been with the transition to Real ID now that it's been a few years.

EdwardTownsend

EdwardTownsend

Audiophyte
It's interesting to look back on this thread from 2020 considering it's been three years. Real ID was a big topic of concern then. I remember the looming chaos that was predicted, but like many things, it's become the new norm now.
For any developers who might be simulating airport security or age verification systems, consider using a virtual fake ID online. There are websites that offer these primarily for development and testing purposes. Obviously not for actual use at airports, but they're invaluable for realistic testing scenarios. It's funny how concerns that seem monumental at the time eventually become just another part of our routine, isn't it?

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Part time at a golf course with discounts and course access would be a goooooood way to go. Something I'm considering, too.
I'm on the waiting list at my CC for part time. Its a big list. And we have 2 courses. And they are about to open a new club house in Mid Nov this year, a 40,500 square feet structure will include three levels, access for all users, expandable event, dining and social spaces, and interior design by Tom Hoch of the eponymous Oklahoma City, Oklahoma-based Tom Hoch Designs Inc. ( he redesigned Augusta National Pro shop)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis