Audioholic Warlord
EDIT: 233

Forgot my Garage stereo.

SheepStar

Last edited:
Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
For those who aren't happy with the test, I say...

...Lighten up guys,:p it was obviously done for fun. It's not like your "scores" are going to be listed next to your post count for all to see til the end of time....;)

Jack

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I don need no stinkin test to know I gotta disease! :rolleyes: :eek: :p

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The sad part of that test is how much it is going to cost me to max out my score.

:D

Gene & Clint... my wife wants to have a word with you.

Matt34

Matt34

89/119.5

Not having stepped up to HDTV yet hurt my score.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I missed out because I can't include a few things because they aren't in the living room...:) I do think the video and audio portions should be separated.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
2 or more subs

I should get the points for owning a PB12-Plus/2.

A

Ampdog

Audioholic
Wai-wai-wai-WAITTTTT!! :eek:

I read... and re-read, and ... Yes, it does say A-U-D-I-O-holics;

Not videoholics; crazy, receiver-of-revenue-cheating stinky affluent, or like Clint, first placing all his stuff on the plain somewhere and now, from what meagre income he can scrounge as a car-park attendant, trying to construct a dwelling around it all.... just a listener, with no flickering video to corrupt the hearing sense.

I think some guys (honestly) must have kept some of the demo-loaned stuff, changed their addresses at Mach 1 and thus were now cheating.

I also have a Thorens turntable (and just you dare....) :cool:

Glad I am not well-known (no, don't try to trace my address either) - tweaking? Who needs to tweak, sub-woof or such? I design my own stuff, have been doing so for about half-a-century, so - no need.:cool: :cool:

Ugh, my score, o-o-o- some 41, er (but then I was never good at maths). For the video part? We South-Africans go to a proper cinema or the beach....

But thanks for fun! (Now off from this site and back to serious business; what was that that I wanted to add before the next test??)

A

Ampdog

Audioholic
Follow:

Sorry, not to offend: Clint actually had a responsible highly-paid job but spent so much time on his set-up that he was fired, thus now alternative pecuniary arrangements ......

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
What about a Audioholic test based on general ignorance, rather than gear owned? ;)

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Wai-wai-wai-WAITTTTT!! :eek:

I read... and re-read, and ... Yes, it does say A-U-D-I-O-holics;

Not videoholics; crazy, receiver-of-revenue-cheating stinky affluent, or like Clint, first placing all his stuff on the plain somewhere and now, from what meagre income he can scrounge as a car-park attendant, trying to construct a dwelling around it all.... just a listener, with no flickering video to corrupt the hearing sense.

I think some guys (honestly) must have kept some of the demo-loaned stuff, changed their addresses at Mach 1 and thus were now cheating.

I also have a Thorens turntable (and just you dare....) :cool:

Glad I am not well-known (no, don't try to trace my address either) - tweaking? Who needs to tweak, sub-woof or such? I design my own stuff, have been doing so for about half-a-century, so - no need.:cool: :cool:

Ugh, my score, o-o-o- some 41, er (but then I was never good at maths). For the video part? We South-Africans go to a proper cinema or the beach....

But thanks for fun! (Now off from this site and back to serious business; what was that that I wanted to add before the next test??)
yeah, that is still funny to me. This place is more home-theatery than audio.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Does it count if I collect all of my LCD displays and take them into the living room :p

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Thank goodness...

...plain ol' 2ch/stereo counted at all or I'd have been totally SOL...

Sixty-two bumped up to 102...And I agree, the test is all very HT/video-centric...now a real "audio"-holics test would have had questions about stylus force gauges, timers and cleaners, Watts "Dust Bugs", mounted auxiliary carts, cans of Dust-off, Zerostats...how large are the reels on your RTR and what tape speeds can you record at? Do you leave your tapes "tail-out"? How many 78s do you have? Do you have any Edison cylinders? Did you consider naming your dog Nipper?

jimHJJ(...those sorts of audio related items...)

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
...plain ol' 2ch/stereo counted at all or I'd have been totally SOL...

Sixty-two bumped up to 102...And I agree, the test is all very HT/video-centric...now a real "audio"-holics test would have had questions about stylus force gauges, timers and cleaners, Watts "Dust Bugs", mounted auxiliary carts, cans of Dust-off, Zerostats...how large are the reels on your RTR and what tape speeds can you record at? Do you leave your tapes "tail-out"? How many 78s do you have? Do you have any Edison cylinders? Did you consider naming your dog Nipper?

jimHJJ(...those sorts of audio related items...)
extra points for stylus force gauge, record clamp, brushes etc... that would be entertaining

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
51, and I don't care to know about all that stuff Resident Loser brought up...

E

EnzoPolotso

Audioholic Intern
93, but i didn't the do additional stuff... i probably could have scored higher, but i didn't count speaker stands, and my HTPC is not in current use, and i have other sets of stereo speakers but theyre not hooked up to a seperate system.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis