Are we, as a country, at 'Terminal Entitlement?"

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Agreed. Many policy holders don't understand their coverage and restrictions and what they need to purchase additionally. I'm in the midwest. If we get hit by an earthquake or hurricane we are SoL.
If we get hit by a hurricane in the Midwest, most of the country is SoL. However, all of us pay for hurricane damage, even though we're never going to experience one where we live. OTOH, the New Madrid Fault is in Missouri, so we do feel occasional seismic activity when it occurs.

I'm not turning this toward politics, but during most protests and riots, a lot of people say "It's insured". Well, if they think that, they need to read their policy's exclusions page. I read my policy details when I receive renewal notices and the homeowner's policy shows that 'civil unrest'/'civil disobedience', riots and military action aren't covered. I also asked about this a few years ago and was told that the insurance industry has stopped covering damage that occurs in the first two cases- I doubt they'll cover it now that protests, etc have become more frequent.

One of my customers was trying to leave a parking space and her car was clipped by another driver who said "This can't take long, I have to go somewhere" when my customer was calling the Police. This got a 'And that means, what, to me?" response. I told her the only thing missing was "Don't you know who I am???".

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

If the guy is at fault, it's going on his record regardless of whose insurance is involved. A driver is the source of the risk the insurer is betting against.
Wouldn't that depend on how it is reported to whom if police were not called?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

.... OTOH, the New Madrid Fault is in Missouri, so we do feel occasional seismic activity when it occurs.

Are there fracking in the area as that can cause tremors as has been reported in the past.

highfigh

highfigh

Wouldn't that depend on how it is reported to whom if police were not called?
Police are supposed to be called if the damage exceeds a specific amount- if the PD isn't called, it's not going to be seen by the insurers, but what happens if the other driver has some kind of injury that isn't apparent immediately?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Police are supposed to be called if the damage exceeds a specific amount- if the PD isn't called, it's not going to be seen by the insurers, but what happens if the other driver has some kind of injury that isn't apparent immediately?
For accidents where there is no injury involved and cars do not need to be physically removed, the police will not come in our area. For accidents where there is no injury involved and cars do not need to be physically removed, the police will not come in our area. Damage over $1k must be reported to the DMV within 10 days.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis