Are tube tv worth keeping ?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
They're fun to shoot too!

So I've heard... :rolleyes:
They’re extremely fun to shoot! Cheaper than tannerite and not quite the same amount of boom but wicked fun regardless.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I didn’t want it to go there was forced , it works fine .. but it’s too heavy for me to use anywhere upstairs:.
Has good enough picture to keep imo.
But how many TVs do you need? You already have the big screen on the main floor, right? You could maybe put together a garage system using that TV, but I would not keep more than one spare TV on your property. Any more will just take up space and collect dust. Most TVs and AVRs have at least one analogue video input and there are cheap adapters on Amazon for converting old analogue signals to HDMI if needed. My Denon upconverted the signal from a very old Atari 800XL computer just fine. I tested it out this summer, no old TV needed.

Atari_20210710_231007.jpg

Follower

Follower

Audiophyte
For what it's worth, I am still actively using a 34" Toshiba HD CRT. It can do 1080i (with the help of an HDMI-to-component video adapter). I haven't replaced it largely because I can't lift it; its manual states that it weighs 163 pounds.

toshiba.jpg

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
What about if you had two identical CRT TV's but also with tube amps? Harvest the amps? That might be a decent scenario. If they are really old, then you could keep them (the tv's) intact because of the value of the relics and just power up the amps to run some Klipsch Heritage, which hardly need even 5 watts to sound good.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
What about if you had two identical CRT TV's but also with tube amps? Harvest the amps? That might be a decent scenario. If they are really old, then you could keep them (the tv's) intact because of the value of the relics and just power up the amps to run some Klipsch Heritage, which hardly need even 5 watts to sound good.
I don’t see being able to figure out how to disassemble a working tv for the speaker amps inside it , can’t afford Klipch heritage.
I wanted to use it in the garage but I can’t because they tosssed it on the curb …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis