Are These Finds Good Deals?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The Goodwill's around my house are TERRIBLE for electronics. They must have people checking every day or getting tipped of. I have been using them a bit for CD's though. $2 each. It's kind of fun to go buy a CD for the cost of a Soda and have something to listen to. Usually older stuff I like.
Goodwill is good for almost nothing in my area, not just electronics. Half Price Books is the other place I go to, but not too often.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Jbl lsr310 for $190 and in "acceptable" condition with a free return at Amazon. Any thoughts? Almost bought it but was thinking wait till the end of year sale for $300.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well... depends on what "acceptable" is. For $190 used I would expect them to be in pretty good shape. Maybe a light scuff or so from normal usage. If they're all chipped and scratched up I'd prolly pass.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Well... depends on what "acceptable" is. For $190 used I would expect them to be in pretty good shape. Maybe a light scuff or so from normal usage. If they're all chipped and scratched up I'd prolly pass.
Cosmetics I'm not so concerned about but major dings.

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
A pair of Monitor Audio Silver S6, SLCR center and an RSW12 subwoofer.

Good cosmetic condition, excellent functional condition.

$300 USD.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Now this... is pretty interesting, but seems a bit overpriced? I dunno, I forget what they retailed for but I know they're pretty awesome subs. A pair of PC13 Ultras for $1600.

*PS, damned misleading ads! One is an Ultra and the other is.. ? "Older but matches well". C'mon man. That's bullshit.

00W0W_bBAOR4YJ89kz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Now this... is pretty interesting, but seems a bit overpriced? I dunno, I forget what they retailed for but I know they're pretty awesome subs. A pair of PC13 Ultras for $1600.

*PS, damned misleading ads! One is an Ultra and the other is.. ? "Older but matches well". C'mon man. That's bullshit.

View attachment 47172

Lol.. Yep, this is cl at it's finest...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Uh oh... another one for @TLS Guy! A pair of Quad ESS 57 electrostat speakers! Now there's something you don't see every day! $1500, in good cosmetic and operating condition according to the ad.

00s0s_cpF83lIdmYVz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ha.

Not exact matches but close! I could start making a game out of this. See if I can find your finds out here, lol.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan

Not exact matches but close! I could start making a game out of this. See if I can find your finds out here, lol.
Sterling speakers without rotted foams would be OK ... I would skip the sat-20 and Polk center

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I didn't know that Sherwood was still in business. Electronics For Less shows 2-channel and 4-channel receivers for audio only but nothing in stock.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis