Are These Finds Good Deals?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Next Best Thing on Youtube gushed about the Totem Tribes. Totems, like Paradigm, are designed and built in Canada. The Tribe uses two custom 4" Torrent drivers and manages to go down to 30 Hz but Zieglj01 is right, the measured response is all over the place. The Metal 2 are supposed to be even better. Enough people seem to like 'em though.
Price is $5300 to $5800 U.S. depending on finish.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
$22 mint View attachment 48206Anyone want it? I'll be here for 15 min.
Nah, I'm good. Funny you posted a cd changer tho. Looky what I found digging around a spare room today!

20210531_162957_copy_1008x756.jpg

20210531_163422_copy_1008x756.jpg

I couldn't resist posing some cds around it... :p

20210531_162518_copy_1008x756.jpg

I forgot I still had that! It's a 5 disc changer that I bought when we first moved into our house almost 25 years ago! I forget what I paid for it but it cost me a little more because I needed full set of preouts with it if I wanted 5.1 surround. My avr at the time was only "Dolby 5.1 'ready'". Meaning no 5.1 processing, but had all of the rca inputs. I didn't hook it up to see if it still plays, but the changer still works so I'll bet it does. Man, I was such a noob then. I had no idea what I really needed and made some dumb choices. That was also when I got suckered into buying monster cable too. Ah, the memories... bastages.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Nah, I'm good. Funny you posted a cd changer tho. Looky what I found digging around a spare room today!

View attachment 48209

View attachment 48210

View attachment 48211

I forgot I still had that! It's a 5 disc changer that I bought when we first moved into our house almost 25 years ago! I forget what I paid for it but it cost me a little more because I needed full set of preouts with it if I wanted 5.1 surround. My avr at the time was only "Dolby 5.1 'ready'". Meaning no 5.1 processing, but had all of the rca inputs. I didn't hook it up to see if it still plays, but the changer still works so I'll bet it does. Man, I was such a noob then. I had no idea what I really needed and made some dumb choices. That was also when I got suckered into buying monster cable too. Ah, the memories... bastages.
The "MEGA CONTROL" on the back is very fitting for those metal CDs.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
$10 plus 50 percent off on this Minty Denon DVD-557. :eek: I bet this was over $400ish back in 2006. It's for my vinyl room for some SACD/DVD-Audio playback! I have a similar one in the living room. DVD upscaling playback as well. Both have HDMI and optical out! Had to throw this in first it's in DD Surround.✌
IMG_31052021_212023_(2500_x_1125_pixel).jpg
IMG_31052021_212231_(1406_x_2500_pixel).jpg
IMG_31052021_212218_(1510_x_2500_pixel).jpg

IMG_31052021_212053_(2500_x_1175_pixel).jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

View attachment 48209

View attachment 48210

View attachment 48211

Man that's a great unit, Po. I know a couple of people here were interested in those 200 players. Don't need one with that much capacity.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Funny, my dad has passed away a few years pack but I found that he has a like new Pioneer changed in his setup (with a spare pioneer 2 channel). I still listen to CDs in my office but usually just one at a time and not sure I need a 50-100 disc. changer. And I'm not sure it fits. Other than that it's free to me so that's always tempting.

Also some Cerwin Vega's over there that need refoam. No room for those either but that hasn't always stopped me. :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I picked up a 5-disc changer from Good Will since we play CDs in the living room, but it had trouble reading some CDs and would get stuck when in random play mode. Cleaning the lens on the laser didn't help. Ended up in the recycling bin. I would take one of those Sony units though to try out some discreet 5-channel audio. Haven't played with the Pi yet to see how it handles 5-channel audio files. The Pi3 is rather under-powered for handling hi res Youtube videos, so I should grab a Pi4 for the HT and move the 3 upstairs. Would need a HAT though as the old Kenwood AVR lacks HDMI. It's always something. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, wouldn't you know, another pair of Thiel on Canuck Audio Mart for $2500 Cdn. They look to be in great shape for their age.
https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649741826-thiel-cs-36-full-range-speakers/
Yeah, those look in really great shape!
Been seeing this ad for a while, you'd think he'd have gotten it cleaned up and posted some photos after a month, tho...

It looks like he used it to dig a hole before he took a pic...

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yeah, those look in really great shape!

It looks like he used it to dig a hole before he took a pic...
Looks like flooding damage ya push the go button on that and your whole house would go dark lol !

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Pair of JBL L7’s (and a bunch of miscellaeous crap) for $700…

L7’s are in the top 2 spots of “speakers I wish I had never sold.” Strongly resisting the urge here to offer him $500 for the speakers alone. Where was this guy a year ago!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis