Aquaman December 21st!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
nuts for movies! Bumblebee, Aquaman, and Mary Poppins all opening. That's a lot of competition. we still haven't gone to see Wreck it Ralph or Fantastic Beasts yet either. Never going to get caught up...
Marwen looks like it could be decent. The F/X look really good. Might check this one out as well.

Cheers,

Phil

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
We saw it yesterday at 9:40. Not crowded at all, the way I like it for pee breaks.

We really enjoyed it. Audio was powerful at times. Good background of how he became. Visual was great.

S

Spdmn256

Junior Audioholic
My wife and I saw this yesterday too and we both really liked it. When I first saw the trailer I wasn’t that excited so I guess I wasn’t expecting all that much but I was very pleasantly surprised. Good cast and story, loved many of the visual effects and sound. I would definitely recommend this one.

one more time

one more time

Junior Audioholic
Saw it in a plain Jane cheapo seniors discount movie theater and found it quite enjoyable. Plot is hokey but fun. Jason Mamoa, unlike other DC superhero actors, has the necessary swagger and humor to carry the role. Maybe they are finally learning from Marvel? Let's hope so.

The CGI is stunning and I'm thinking we just might go back to see it in 3D before we buy it in 4K DVD

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
aquaman didn't suck.

i wish they would make up their mind because their failed attempt at witty banter - humor is annoying plus their misguided portrayal of him as an clueless jock almost ruins the entire thing for me same problem i have with wonder woman

it moved along but maybe a bit too fast it makes me wonder if that's what kept me interested though

with that said i did enjoy it quite a bit more than most others I've seen good visuals and audio it could be ideal for home atmos if they make good use of the underwater scenes

definitely a bluray purchase

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it a couple of weeks. Visually, this movie is stunning. I don't like the lead actor.. He was better in the Game Of Thrones when he did less talking. From a story line, I put it in the same category as Black Panther...it was just meh

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
I watched it a couple of weeks. Visually, this movie is stunning. I don't like the lead actor.. He was better in the Game Of Thrones when he did less talking. From a story line, I put it in the same category as Black Panther...it was just meh
do you agree the it is a perfect reflection of the director. him in g.o.t. ok, him in aquaman, why different? you state that he did less talking but most of the talking he did in aquaman was that of a clueless jock. the director is a reflection of the outcome. do this, to that, like this, like that. it basically shows how good of an actor he is. this supports my statement about their misguided portrayal of him as a clueless jock.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
do you agree the it is a perfect reflection of the director. him in g.o.t. ok, him in aquaman, why different? you state that he did less talking but most of the talking he did in aquaman was that of a clueless jock. the director is a reflection of the outcome. do this, to that, like this, like that. it basically shows how good of an actor he is. this supports my statement about their misguided portrayal of him as a clueless jock.
I really dont care what you or others think of his acting ability. I did not like him in Aquaman. Its my personal feeling nothing more.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
I really dont care what you or others think of his acting ability. I did not like him in Aquaman. Its my personal feeling nothing more.
yet you shared your opinion here. nobody asked you for it.

i just asked you to elaborate on the opinion you shared that nobody asked you for.

at least we all now know how feel

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

yet you shared your opinion here. nobody asked you for it.
Does one need to be asked to express an opinion or feeling about anything posted?
If so, this would be a very quiet board. Don't forget, you posted and don't think anyone asked you to one way or another, right?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
From a story line, I put it [Aquaman] in the same category as Black Panther...it was just meh
Can you believe the Oscars nominated Black Panther for Best Picture? :eek:

I guess Aquaman should have been nominated for Best Picture too. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Can you believe the Oscars nominated Black Panther for Best Picture? :eek:

I guess Aquaman should have been nominated for Best Picture too. :D
I need to send in my picture. Perhaps that too will be nominated? ;):D

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
Yes, indeed. a mistake. Expression of an opinion or feeling is a start to a discussion in my opinion.

my mistake was thinking you wanted a discussion. all you wanted was to be heard of your opinion.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I need to send in my picture. Perhaps that too will be nominated? ;):D
If it's kind of bad, has the right formulas (politically correct),and would otherwise never be nominated, then your picture has a good chance. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought this was a discussion forum
Why, yes, it is a discussion forum. :D

I like Jason Momoa. Of course, I like a movie or TV show based on the story and character development.

I liked him in Game of Thrones and The Red Road.

But when a movie (Conan the Barbarian 2011) or TV show (Frontier 2016) is not so great, there is nothing ANYONE can do about it. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis