Aquaman December 21st!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Very excited about this one. Have not been to an IMAX showing in a good while. Think that I will for this one. It certainly looks promising! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
Yep, Aquaman looks awesome...
Collected the comics in the 90's til mid 2009 , so I can't wait to see what they've done with him...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, Aquaman looks awesome...
Collected the comics in the 90's til mid 2009 , so I can't wait to see what they've done with him...
I usually just go to the early matinee, but for this one I am going to go to the IMAX! Looking forward to it. I agree it really does look good. :)

Cheers,

Phil

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
Never been to an IMAX...
Closest one is about an hour and half away... :(

Buuuut, I maaaay have to make an exception for Aquaman... o_O

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Never been to an IMAX...
Closest one is about an hour and half away... :(

Buuuut, I maaaay have to make an exception for Aquaman... o_O
Wow! That is a bit of a drive. My local theater does NOT have an IMAX. But, I only have to drive about 12-miles to get to one. The last time I went to it was when Avatar was showing. What an amazing experience. This one looks to be stellar. The thing is though, I am going to have to dig a little deeper in my pockets b/c the IMAX is like $11! I usually go to the early matinee which costs me only $6. Paying $11 is a bit of a splurge for me. Not to mention, my gas driving to there and back. Trying to keep things on the low if you know what I mean. :)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hope this is showing IMAX 3-D as well. I am stoked to see this one. I watched Avatar in IMAX 3-D and it was absolutely amazing. Every now and then I don't mind to spend the extra money for something like this. :cool: Okay, these are not exactly 3-D glasses, but you get the idea......LOL!!!! :p

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Seeing more adverts for this upcoming movie. I am like so stoked! Just can't wait to see it. But, guess I will have to. Anyone else here plan to see this? Any plans to see it in IMAX-3D? Have 19-more days.......LOL!!!!! :D

Cheers,

Phil

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Most likely we will but not IMAX. And, may be a bit after the crowd gets smaller.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
This one looks like it should be a good one! I want to see it in the theater. :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was lucky enough to get an email, because I paid the 9.99 for the DC Universe Channel on my Roku. I am seing a free screening on 12/17. Crossing fingers that it is not another BvsS type movie

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I was lucky enough to get an email, because I paid the 9.99 for the DC Universe Channel on my Roku. I am seing a free screening on 12/17. Crossing fingers that it is not another BvsS type movie
Lucky you! Have a feeling this is going to be stellar! :)

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Side note, if you are an Amazon Prime Member, you can get access to see the movie at a lot of theaters on the 15th. You have to pay for it, but you see it 3 days ahead of everyone else.

Movie did over 93 million in China alone this weekend.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay there has been a slight change in plans. My Philippine Sister albeit Tina, as well as, several other family members are going to go see this one on Sunday. The early matinee is @10:00 am! But, it only costs $7.75 each! Tina is an even bigger el cheapo than me. She does not want to pay $15 to go to the IMAX. Therefore, I may still go see Aquaman via the IMAX at a later date. Been trying to talk Tina into it, but all to no avail. Mind you, she is rather stubborn.:cool: Just hope it is as good as it looks.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I’m also curious about Mortal Engines.
Snake, I was looking at the previews of Mortal Engines and I think it looks to be pretty good. Even though it is bombing at the box office, I still may go check it out soon. Bumblebee looks entertaining as well. Just glad to see some good movies out for a change! :) Thanks for mentioning it.

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Snake, I was looking at the previews of Mortal Engines and I think it looks to be pretty good. Even though it is bombing at the box office, I still may go check it out soon. Bumblebee looks entertaining as well. Just glad to see some good movies out for a change! :) Thanks for mentioning it.

Cheers,

Phil
I do sometimes like the previews more than the actual movie. LOL :)

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Okay it's the 18th now! What did you think? Inquiring minds want to know! o_O

This weekend is nuts for movies! Bumblebee, Aquaman, and Mary Poppins all opening. That's a lot of competition. we still haven't gone to see Wreck it Ralph or Fantastic Beasts yet either. Never going to get caught up...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It is just nice for a change in that there are several good movies out to select from. I may even see several of them myself. Might just have to go solo! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Okay it's the 18th now! What did you think? Inquiring minds want to know! o_O

This weekend is nuts for movies! Bumblebee, Aquaman, and Mary Poppins all opening. That's a lot of competition. we still haven't gone to see Wreck it Ralph or Fantastic Beasts yet either. Never going to get caught up...
LOL, for a Second Tier DC Comic Hero, they did a decent job on this movie. B- would be how i graded it, I really like Jason Momoa in this movie as I was also a fan of his from Game of Thrones. Not a great actor, but it's not like he is working with an Oscar Caliber Script. It is over the top action that doesn't take itself too seriously. Plot is predictable, villains pretty one dimensional. Not near as bat as BvS or Suicide Squad.

I had fun watching this movie, still heavy on CGI, but there is chemistry between the cast and humor that works most of the time. I can recommend it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis