Applied Nanotech aims at Carbon Nanotube tv with 1280x720 80 in screen

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
"The proof of concept has a 25-inch diagonal glass substrate with a 22-inch diagonal viewing area and operates at a voltage that is fully compatible with low cost CMOS drivers. The distance between subpixels, which is a little larger than .5mm, was selected so that the printing techniques utilized are compatible with 60-inch diagonal Advanced TV format and 80-inch diagonal High Definition TV.

"This proof of concept is a critical achievement in that the processes, including printing-like processes, used in creating the display will allow manufacturers to dramatically reduce the capital investment needed to produce CNT TVs," said Dr. Zvi Yaniv, Chief Executive Officer of Applied Nanotech.

As the industry moves from ATV format to HDTV format (720 x 1280 lines), the 25-inch diagonal concept proves that ANI CNT technology is fully capable of HDTV format on 80-inch diagonal TVs (defined by the Japanese National Broadcasting Corporation NHK as the main target for consumer TVs)."...

"video image does not suffer from the "ghost images" that can be observed in large LCD and plasma TVs as a tail of the image moving across the screen."

http://press.arrivenet.com/bus/article.php/689663.html

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
1280 x 720 is so 2000. Especially with a large 80" screen. The lack of "ghosting" is a bonus if true however.

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
1280 x 720 is so 2000. Especially with a large 80" screen.
I was thinking the same thing.. with a screen that big, why are they limiting themselves to the low-end of HD? Why not 1920x1080? I can get a 36" TV at 1920x1080, for cryin' out loud.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Especially now that BRD's 1080p is supposed to be on the shelves next quarter. That will also rush HD-DVD onto market sooner.

I could understand why a 42 or 50 inch screen might be able to get away with 720p, but larger than that and it'll be alot easier to see the 720/1080 difference.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis