Apple Rumored in Possible Buyout of Masimo's Sound United Audio Brands

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You wouldn't want STP. UTP is better. STP represents a ground path.
It also makes sure the devices are at the same potential and improves noise rejection.

If STP is bad, why is it available? Make it possible to lift the shield, like LoZ balanced cabling- just do it safely.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
With Apple I just wonder about why they would hang on to all those audio brands without financial incentive to do so. There's not a lot there.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Let's just say if Apple did acquire this company it would be for the Blood Oxygen Sensor technology these two companies have been at odds over. A big reason " Apple's blood oxygen sensor does not have FDA clearance, but Masimo's W1 watch does. " Heck with the audio stuff. Just my opinion.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Was that tech not kept with the medical part before they spun the rest off in the consumer part?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Was that tech not kept with the medical part before they spun the rest off in the consumer part?
I think it always was in the medical part. The watch was just a downsized version of what has been all over hospitals for years.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Lots of folks wondering about a potential buyer and what might be left to actually buy. I might spend some real money on a Marantz AVP in gold that had a big SSD and TV OS built-in if apple offered actual downloading of 4K movies with lossless audio along with their current lossy streams to compete with Kaleidescape. I don't want to see Denon/Marantz f#%ked over. I give em' s#%t cuz' I care. Their best units offer the best features for the money. Sorry Onkyo. Nice new flagship, but features not quite there yet even if the amps are there. Denon/Marantz could show Apple how to process and output signals properly and Apple could help Denon/Marantz units run cooler.;)

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I can't imagine Apple being a good owner of these various brands....
That is the understatement of the year.

Everything that Apple touches, for the consumer, turns to mush, with their love of propriety software and whatnot.

Hopefully Sound United spurns their offer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That is the understatement of the year.

Everything that Apple touches, for the consumer, turns to mush, with their love of propriety software and whatnot.

Hopefully Sound United spurns their offer.
Doubt it's particularly up to Sound United, tho.

G

George MacDonald

Enthusiast
In an audio sense Apple is half pregnant. It produces high quality "spatial/atmos" quality sound but, it has no way to get that sound to the listener -- unless they invest in a third party AV receiver and speakers connected to an Apple device. Yes, perhaps they are understandably hesitant to get wrapped up in a tangle of cables -- that just isn't their style. But, they are already half way there: HomePods can product great stereo sound. But, the best they can do for their own spatial/atmos level music/home theater is stereo with a virtualized spatial/atmos. But, that doesn't come even close to a full 5 channel system (or better). Apple is SO close!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis