Apple Airport Express Links PC & Living Room

While not the first or second company to come up with a solution to the connectivity problem of getting your PC's music or multimedia content to your living room, Apple has certainly come up with a stylish and - I'll go ahead and say it - innovative solution. Innovative for the following reasons:

- Uses the 802.11* standard
- All-in-one solution, providing USB printer sharing, WiFi extension, and 3.5mm analogue/optical digital audio jack
- Retractable/extendible power cord
- All functions are Mac/PC compatible
- $129 price tag

While this may not seem significant to you, it is a measured step in the right direction. While people are not moving towards Home Theater PCs in droves (not yet, anyway) there is a universal clamour for connectivity between the home PC and the entertainment center. Apple has a proclivity for simplifying the process of doing common tasks. With PC compatibility included in the feature set, and a pricce far below the competition, this is a clear winner. Did I mention I posted this from my HTPC?

Check out Apple Express with AirTunes

U

Unregistered

it sounds to me that you view the "innovative solution" as a surprise. whether you choose to believe it or not, apple has ALWAYS innovated.

A

Apple-Pluggin

Yes, yes... i see

Fukn-A man, even in the ages of crappy heavy now-awkward-seeming PowerMac *3s, the layout of the case alone and each internal component was years ahead of most PC cases of the same time.

In Reggie's words:
IT'S JUST AWESOME!!

Thank you

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis