brianedm

Audioholic General
The newest addition coming all the way from Fuzz's apartment

The stand on the other side. Moved the APC over here

And the full view

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm glad it made it there (mostly) ok and that you're happy with it. It sure is a great amp, have fun with it :D

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
well.... how does it sound vs the avr????? looks like it fits perfect in the rack!

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
well.... how does it sound vs the avr????? looks like it fits perfect in the rack!
Sounds pretty similar :p I think the extra power may come in handy for a couple seconds at a time during certain movies and that's it, haha. It's more of a peace of mind thing :) sounds good though!!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Sounds pretty similar :p I think the extra power may come in handy for a couple seconds at a time during certain movies and that's it, haha. It's more of a peace of mind thing :) sounds good though!!
That's a waste of an amp. Pack it up now and send it to me.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
The crazy thing is I just watched 2 movies at fairly loud volumes and the outlaw isn't even warm :) The Denon which is just doing preamp/rear surrounds is warmer than the Outlaw :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'm jealous I have not hooked up my 5.1 yet. :( :p3.1 though. :)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Your one of us I didn't think a power amp was needed but they look bada** siting there :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The newest addition coming all the way from Fuzz's apartment
Congrats! Looks great. Nice kitty, too. :)

I'm glad it made it there (mostly) ok...
Okay...that's going to need a bit more explanation. ;)

The crazy thing is I just watched 2 movies at fairly loud volumes and the outlaw isn't even warm :) The Denon which is just doing preamp/rear surrounds is warmer than the Outlaw :)
Make sure that you turn off the speakers on the Denon if you haven't already. That might/should reduce the power dissipation in the internal amp section.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
UPS was kind enough to put a nice scratch in the faceplate. Right top corner.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Ha, nothing right now, guys. Just spent a TON of money on various vacations so nothing A/V related for now. Any purchases I do make will be of the speaker variety and won't be cheap. I'm still very happy with the Polks though. It's just those Salks look so dreamy *swoon*

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Well, no recent additions to the home theater system so I haven't been around for awhile. The cushions from my main seating position on my sectionals springs were getting uncomfortable, and who likes to pick a new favourite spot? I present to you.... The solution!

Should be arriving in about a month. Also, Those new high end steam boxes have really caught my eye. Maybe something along these lines...

The First Liquid-Cooled Steam Machine

to replace my blu ray/do some HTPC work/Kill ps4/xbox one for games. We'll see. The steam os seems cool, I'll probably still mainly be in windows though. That tiny form factor with liquid cooling and high end gpus and the like is way beyond my ability to build a computer. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice set up. I thought the point of a 4311 was the amp section.
That's why you're not hearing much if any difference with YAA's Outlaw.
That's my dream rec'r. I would be afraid of their manual though.

Your cat is bigger than your center.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis