Anyone have issues connecting laptop to OPPO UDP-205 usb dac input for online streaming?

S

StratCountry

Audioholic Intern
I have a laptop using Windows 10, I'm unable to get online music (Amazon Music HD) to stream to my Marantz SR-7011, using a usb A to B cable. The oppo usb drive is 2 updates behind, currently #0112, my laptop couldn't update the driver from the oppo website. I'm assuming the current drive version would still suffice.

I have all 7.1 analog cable from my oppo to my Marantz 7.1 analog input
Tried the rca audio out from the oppo to my Marantz CD rca input, the Input Select is set to analog on the Marantz
I previously used the CD rca input of the Marantz for a CD player, so this input does work.

S

StratCountry

Audioholic Intern
I attempted to download the latest driver, but my laptop is having issues extracting it, something about needing a DLL.
My laptop does show an oppo usb drive in the Sound folder & set as default.

Last edited:
S

StratCountry

Audioholic Intern
From page 20 (the actual printed page number) here http://download.oppodigital.com/UDP20X/UDP-205_User_Manual_English_V1.0.0.pdf

"To utilize the USB DAC input from a Windows computer (XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10), a software driver needs to be installed on the computer. The driver is available online at UDP-205 support page on the OPPO Digital website (www.oppodigital.com)."
I read the wrong page.
I did download the driver, but the laptop can not extract, it says it need a DLL.
I already have an oppo driver installed but it's 2 versions old.

S

StratCountry

Audioholic Intern
I version #0112 installed, unable to install the last versions.

From OPPO website:
If your current USB DAC firmware version is USB-0112, you will first need to choose the file labelled “fw_udp205_dac_build0115.bin”, and then you will be able to upgrade using “fw_udp205_dac_build0118.bin”.

S

StratCountry

Audioholic Intern
Have you tried contacting/asking Oppo for further guidance?
I wasn't aware they would still have support on this discontinued model.

However, I did detect a faint sound emitting from my floor speakers, the audio wasn,t really noticeable until I turned the volume up to 40, my causal listening level is around 25, I now need to set the volume to my maximum set limit of 60 on the Marantz. I have my source level set to the maximum.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Slumlord
I wasn't aware they would still have support on this discontinued model.

However, I did detect a faint sound emitting from my floor speakers, the audio wasn,t really noticeable until I turned the volume up to 40, my causal listening level is around 25, I now need to set the volume to my maximum set limit of 60 on the Marantz. I have my source level set to the maximum.
There's still support here in the US, and they have somewhat committed to such particularly on the last two models (I got a 203 on the day they announced they were ceasing production). https://oppodigital.com/

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis