Anyone else went phantom??tips advice

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
By default the sub always gets the LFE channel on most setups - if you have a crossover set (ie: mains are not full range) - then the sub "should" also get the part of the frequency range from the Mains which is below the XO point.

But when the AVR is set to "stereo" - then bass management may or may not be involved, depending on the AVR setup.brand etc...

Most AVR's also have a Direct or Pure-Direct mode - where the channels are passed through untouched to their respective speakers - typically that should disable XO's and if fed a simple stereo signal should output only to L&R.

The other thing to watch for, is how the sub is hooked into the system - so far I have assumed the sub was connected to the Sub output of an AVR, but lots of subs have alternative options - my Gallo sub has an input and an output for the L/R mains at speaker level, and then it acts as the crossover (adjustable for frequency, level and phase)...

If your sub is set up this way - with the XO being in the sub, then all signals fed out, will result in sound from the sub (depending on LF content obviously).
My other sub has those but they broke and i couldn’t find the parts to fix them. This is the main sub I’m using the other one is mostly turned off .
IMG_9317.jpeg

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
My other sub has those but they broke and i couldn’t find the parts to fix them. This is the main sub I’m using the other one is mostly turned off . View attachment 68112
So your adjustments are the Low Pass filter (cross over) - Phase and level/volume...

Just make sure the LP is set to the highest possible frequency, so the AVR can do its thing (the XO / LP will be in the AVR not the sub)... Phase is typically also handled by any of the more advanced AVR's - but may require experimenting with if your AVR doesn't do that.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
So your adjustments are the Low Pass filter (cross over) - Phase and level/volume...

Just make sure the LP is set to the highest possible frequency, so the AVR can do its thing (the XO / LP will be in the AVR not the sub)... Phase is typically also handled by any of the more advanced AVR's - but may require experimenting with if your AVR doesn't do that.
Yes I think it’s correct.
IMG_9321.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis