Any reviews/comments on AcousticFields.com?

T

tomey

Audiophyte
Do anybody follow acousticfields.com and their channel on youtube? Are their products good? Does the guy know the science? I see conflicting oppinions.
Really interested in your comments!

G

Guitar guy

Audiophyte
Do anybody follow acousticfields.com and their channel on youtube? Are their products good? Does the guy know the science? I see conflicting oppinions.
I HIGHLY recommend not doing business with Acoustic Fields! I don't know how good their products are but they ripped me off for $3000.00 and I'm in the process of filing small claims action against them. I believe Dennis Foley is a crook.

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
I HIGHLY recommend not doing business with Acoustic Fields! I don't know how good their products are but they ripped me off for $3000.00 and I'm in the process of filing small claims action against them. I believe Dennis Foley is a crook.
That’s too bad. I feel bad for you. I was hoping to hear something good about his products. It looks like He knows his stuff about room treatment. But I don’t see anyone else on any of the audio websites talking about his products.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Use the word "science" loosely when mentioning this company. I watched a few of his videos and cringed when he talked about subwoofer placement.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That’s too bad. I feel bad for you. I was hoping to hear something good about his products. It looks like He knows his stuff about room treatment. But I don’t see anyone else on any of the audio websites talking about his products.
"looks like he knows his stuff" means what particularly ?

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
"looks like he knows his stuff" means what particularly ?
ACDA-10s diaphragmatic bass absorbers looks like it can absorb bass better than some of the competitors corner bass traps.
Just looking at the schematics of his products using carbon fiber pellets in between layers of MSD wood and air pockets 16 inch depth x 5 ‘ tall x 3’ wide can make a believer out of me versus other corner traps that are built similar to his but smaller and thinner or a thick corner fiberglass core stuff wrapped in fabric with or without scatter plates. Now the new Victotem product looks like a one size fits all which is hard to believe but I will try that in my basement because my stereo shop has them and they’re willing to let me bring them home to see what I can do to improve room treatment.
Listening to Anthony Grimani’s get good bass utube video mentioning the thicker the panels the better for bass but what do I know, I’m just a consumer taking my time to learn what I can from all of you and to wait for a way to bring home the stuff and try it out before I buy it would be nice.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
ACDA-10s diaphragmatic bass absorbers looks like it can absorb bass better than some of the competitors corner bass traps.
Just looking at the schematics of his products using carbon fiber pellets in between layers of MSD wood and air pockets 16 inch depth x 5 ‘ tall x 3’ wide can make a believer out of me versus other corner traps that are built similar to his but smaller and thinner or a thick corner fiberglass core stuff wrapped in fabric with or without scatter plates. Now the new Victotem product looks like a one size fits all which is hard to believe but I will try that in my basement because my stereo shop has them and they’re willing to let me bring them home to see what I can do to improve room treatment.
Listening to Anthony Grimani’s get good bass utube video mentioning the thicker the panels the better for bass but what do I know, I’m just a consumer taking my time to learn what I can from all of you and to wait for a way to bring home the stuff and try it out before I buy it would be nice.
Well Gene, who personally knows Anthony, weighed in on it and didn't mince words about it. I wouldn't trust the guy.

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
I know, Gene is the man and I am proud to say that his audio website is the best out of all of them.
And I enjoy listening, reading and watching everything I can about this wonderful hobby.
Just finished playing the Led Zeppelin I album on my record player and can’t get enough of the good sound that we all thrive for.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The mass and method of suspension affect the resonance frequency, which is directly responsible for affecting that frequency. Some methods provide wider range attenuation but as in any problem, it must be identified before any solution is offered or attempted. KNOW the problem frequencies before trying anything- guessing doesn't work, unless by coincidence.

G

Guthrie Zuehlke

Audiophyte
I think he’s a good Salesmen. I find his videos notable for what they leave out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
The mass and method of suspension affect the resonance frequency, which is directly responsible for affecting that frequency. Some methods provide wider range attenuation but as in any problem, it must be identified before any solution is offered or attempted. KNOW the problem frequencies before trying anything- guessing doesn't work, unless by coincidence.
I agree about identifying the problem first.

P

ppentium

Audiophyte
Hello, I have a similar problem with Dennis Foley, but it involves much more money. I paid Foley a 10K deposit in Nov 2021 for 12 pieces of room treatments that were supposed to have been shipped in March, 2022. When I reached him in April, he said that the panels would ship this month, May. No response when tried t

P

ppentium

Audiophyte
Hello, I have a similar problem with Dennis Foley, but it involves much more money. I paid Foley a 10K deposit in Nov 2021 for 12 pieces of room treatments that were supposed to have been shipped in March, 2022. When I reached him in April, he said that the panels would ship this month, May. No response when tried to reach him.

So, if you don't mind sharing, what was the outcome of your filing an action against Foley? Where did you file your claim against him?
Thanks, Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis