Any Polk Audio fan’s in the house?

mpitogo2000

mpitogo2000

Audioholic Intern
Wow are those the new flagship towers the Legends? Any thoughts on how they perform?
I got them almost 3 weeks ago and are still working on getting 100 hours playtime on them. For the most part, I am impressed. I’m still forming impressions based on past experience compared the current setup and how they differ. As you can see in my signature I don’t have much to compare with but the L800’s are the best I own and surpassed my previous favorites the LSiM 707.

The SDA has certainly got me hooked on playing as much music as I can. After all its about the experience and one track in particular has really caught my ear. Sweet Jane by Cowboy Junkies, this track has me feeling like I’m in the room where it was recorded in. Second is the bass, while they can dig deep, I am playing without sub and this track is not bass centric but certain nuances are lost when playing on speakers which don’t have a solid deep foundation. I can hear the subtile ambient foot stomp of them keeping time.

Also as a comparison, I drive daily about 6 miles and listen to z100 Elvis Duran and the morning show. Occasionally they play music like Graveyard by Halsey, I had no idea what I was missing in my car when I tried playing Graveyard at home. WOW. You also don’t need to play them loud to hear the bass extension. It seems effortless and I’m playing them totally flat with no EQ.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I got them almost 3 weeks ago and are still working on getting 100 hours playtime on them. For the most part, I am impressed. I’m still forming impressions based on past experience compared the current setup and how they differ. As you can see in my signature I don’t have much to compare with but the L800’s are the best I own and surpassed my previous favorites the LSiM 707.

The SDA has certainly got me hooked on playing as much music as I can. After all its about the experience and one track in particular has really caught my ear. Sweet Jane by Cowboy Junkies, this track has me feeling like I’m in the room where it was recorded in. Second is the bass, while they can dig deep, I am playing without sub and this track is not bass centric but certain nuances are lost when playing on speakers which don’t have a solid deep foundation. I can hear the subtile ambient foot stomp of them time keeping.

Also as a comparison, I drive daily about 6 miles and listen to z100 Elvis Duran and the morning show. Occasionally they play music like Graveyard by Halsey, I had no idea what I was missing in my car when I tried it out at home. WOW. You also don’t need to play them loud to hear the bass extension. It seems effortless and I’m playing them totally flat with no EQ.
I love that Cowboy Junkies CD. The Trinity Sessions CD doesn’t wander far from my player. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

The SDA has certainly got me hooked on playing as much music as I can. After all its about the experience and one track in particular has really caught my ear. Sweet Jane by Cowboy Junkies, this track has me feeling like I’m in the room where it was recorded in. Second is the bass, while they can dig deep, I am playing without sub and this track is not bass centric but certain nuances are lost when playing on speakers which don’t have a solid deep foundation. I can hear the subtile ambient foot stomp of them keeping time.

Also as a comparison, I drive daily about 6 miles and listen to z100 Elvis Duran and the morning show. Occasionally they play music like Graveyard by Halsey, I had no idea what I was missing in my car when I tried playing Graveyard at home. WOW. You also don’t need to play them loud to hear the bass extension. It seems effortless and I’m playing them totally flat with no EQ.
I am so jelly right now but also very happy 4 you congratulations and please keep us updated on your impressions. A lot of curious fellas here regarding those speakers

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
As a teenager the local audio video store had a home theatre demo room with SDA Polk audio speakers and that was my introduction to audio. I’ve always been a fan of Polk since. The new legend series looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Dkcivicsi06

Audiophyte
I went to an open house and they where raffling them off . I had to wait 3 months for them . They where at a local place in Harrisburg pa doing demos . I have no way to use them there is no room in my house for speakers that size

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Audioholics will be doing a review of the L800s, but it won't be a traditional review. These speakers can not be measured like conventional speakers. I am not even sure if we will have measurements for them, since they are not acoustically comparable to regular speakers.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
FUUUUUUUDDDDDGGGGGEEE that is such a good buy I am really really tempted but like you can't think of a place I'd use them right now! Good luck with the sell it shouldn't take long for someone to snatch them bad boys right up!

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I really like my Polk RTi-A1 speakers. Peace and goodwill.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis