Any Holiday Sales Thread

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That is pretty much a no-brainer ... I may one day buy them again
That's the price I got them for. Really liking them more and more. I think the center is just as good too. My speakers are only 5 and half feet apart. That's the space restriction.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
520/530s on sale:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
HBOMAX
6 MONTH PLAN $7.49 A MONTH. Good till Sept 26. Might have to get this.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I checked out the reviews on it. HDR isn't good on it, doesn't get bright enough, went on to say even worse for SDR. But has good color. But really anything pretty much under 1K isn't gonna get bright enough to take full advantage of HDR. You gotta spend 1200.00 or more, Hisense has one that gets up to umm if I remember right 800 nits, but the reviews says it has blooming issues. 65" 899.00. I've been researching 65" tvs for two months and Nothing in LED or even QLED can compete with OLED tvs. Sony's 65X90J at 1499.00 comes close. But even that one only scored 8.1 for watching movies and that's with using a 4K player. Review say it's good but still doesn't get bright enough. I have found a LG OLED 65" for 1699.00 I may up for that one. Only thing about OLED's you gotta watch out for burn-in. But it rated excellent for HDR, Dolby Vision use

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I checked out the reviews on it. HDR isn't good on it, doesn't get bright enough, went on to say even worse for SDR. But has good color. But really anything pretty much under 1K isn't gonna get bright enough to take full advantage of HDR. You gotta spend 1200.00 or more, Hisense has one that gets up to umm if I remember right 800 nits, but the reviews says it has blooming issues. 65" 899.00. I've been researching 65" tvs for two months and Nothing in LED or even QLED can compete with OLED tvs. Sony's 65X90J at 1499.00 comes close. But even that one only scored 8.1 for watching movies and that's with using a 4K player. Review say it's good but still doesn't get bright enough. I have found a LG OLED 65" for 1699.00 I may up for that one. Only thing about OLED's you gotta watch out for burn-in. But it rated excellent for HDR, Dolby Vision use
65" LG OLED for $1700 is a good choice!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
65" LG OLED for $1700 is a good choice!
Yep, of course you have your top tier OLED's Sony's Master series units LG's of course goes without saying. But too rich from my blood. That LG OLED at 1700 I been eyeballing for quite some time. They even have a 55" for less but its the A1 model. The thing about OLED'S according to the experts cuz I've never owned one, the organic pixels degrade overtime plus you gotta watch out for burn-in. They say the color will diminish over time because of the organic thingy. A lot of money for something that won't look as good the longer you use it..... Correction, 1499.99 for the LG 55 C1, reg price is 1799.99 at BestBuy the 65" C1 still over 2k.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hdr is a gimmick to me. I'd still buy it. Hisense has great colors. I bought a tablet by them bout 5 year or do and thought the colors were incredible. No TV is perfect by the way. I love LG, but hard on the dollars.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Hdr is a gimmick to me. I'd still buy it. Hisense has great colors. I bought a tablet by them bout 5 year or do and thought the colors were incredible. No TV is perfect by the way. I love LG, but hard on the dollars.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head, ( no TV is perfect) I've looked at just about All makes and models unless you spend 4k and up you gonna have some trade offs. But your right about the Hisense models the U8G, U7G, and U6G seem to be really great tvs for not a lot of money. My thing about even spending 1.500 on a tv and in a year or two like AVR's tech is outdated. So funny you mentioned HDR being overhyped to some point, I believe I'll go with that 65 U8G Hisense, it on sale right now on Amazon for under 1K. Sony's seem to have the longevity thing going for them. My Son gave me a Sony 40" 1080 it was Sony's 1st gen with HDMI if I remember right. It's 16+ years old still going strong. He paid umm 1900.00 for it. Thing is heavy and it's a power hog.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yep, of course you have your top tier OLED's Sony's Master series units LG's of course goes without saying. But too rich from my blood. That LG OLED at 1700 I been eyeballing for quite some time. They even have a 55" for less but its the A1 model. The thing about OLED'S according to the experts cuz I've never owned one, the organic pixels degrade overtime plus you gotta watch out for burn-in. They say the color will diminish over time because of the organic thingy. A lot of money for something that won't look as good the longer you use it..... Correction, 1499.99 for the LG 55 C1, reg price is 1799.99 at BestBuy the 65" C1 still over 2k.
Even the Sony TVs, the actual OLED panels are manufactured by LG. LG is the only game in town for large OLED panels.

In general, I avoid Sony! I have also tended to avoid LG, but like I say the only game in town for the best available display panels. I got my 65" LG for right around $2k but it came with a $300 Crutchfield gift card, which was perfect to purchase my new AV stand.

I have never experienced an burn-in, it really isn't a concern of mine. I suppose the long term degradation may become a concern later, but I'm not really too worried about that either-- I do have the best picture quality available, that's what I'm worried about right now.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
HDR is the real deal! It is more important than 4k, it just happens that the TVs with HDR are also 4K.

I waited a very long time for OLED to get to manageable price points.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis