B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
i just wondered if anyone still enjoyed 3D movies on here? I just watched blade runner 2049 in 3D and it was kinda flat and a bit blurry for some reason. Plus they never gave you the Atmos option I was a bit upset over that since the blu Ray said atmos. But for a format they say is dying again they are remastering the great 3D movies from the past and if you like 3D these movies are great!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If it wasn't shot in 3D, it generally doesn't look as good, so the remasters of older films I usually avoid. The one exception being Pacific Rim, though they spent almost a year doing the 3D conversion. Check Blu-ray.com for reviews of the 3D discs before buying IMO, since they will tell you if the 3D is good or not, though they don't always have full 3D reviews.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I personally prefer 2D as most of time 3D version just distracts me more than gives. If I had iMax theater then I would watch more 3D as that is only place I have seen it work well, I guess it has something to do with the screen size.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Totally love 3D!, Had a Samsung 50" plasma back in 2012, had the best blacks I had since to date. Movies Alice in Wonderland with the creepy Alice, Johnny Depp. and Thor dude with the hammer both 3D. Don't have that Samsung anymore went out in less than 2 years. Was watching it one day and a black line went streaking across the screen about middle ways. Long story short blu ray Samsung player went out in less than 3 years needless to say I don't want any more Samsung products. About 2,500 down the drain not to mention two AVR"s crapped out in less than 2 years to. Lost lots of money in few years with this hobby umm...from 2011 to 2013. But yeah 3D is awesome to have in a set up. I recommend choosing your gear carefully getting burnt for over 3 G's can leave a very nasty tast with this hobby.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Totally love 3D!, Had a Samsung 50" plasma back in 2012, had the best blacks I had since to date. Movies Alice in Wonderland with the creepy Alice, Johnny Depp. and Thor dude with the hammer both 3D. Don't have that Samsung anymore went out in less than 2 years. Was watching it one day and a black line went streaking across the screen about middle ways. Long story short blu ray Samsung player went out in less than 3 years needless to say I don't want any more Samsung products. About 2,500 down the drain not to mention two AVR"s crapped out in less than 2 years to. Lost lots of money in few years with this hobby umm...from 2011 to 2013. But yeah 3D is awesome to have in a set up. I recommend choosing your gear carefully getting burnt for over 3 G's can leave a very nasty tast with this hobby.
Bad luck I guess as I have had my Samsung TV for over 5 years already. Eventually it will die at some point..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My Samsung 3D LED LCD is almost 7 yrs now, no issues. I wouldn't buy any players from them though.

GREAT 3D movies: Coraline, Despicable Me (first one), Guardians of the Galaxy, Dredd, Mad Max: Fury Road.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Totally love 3 D when I had it. That movie Alice in Wonderland when she first gets in to Wonderland them lil seahorses where floating in the middle of my living room so surreal..

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I have a 60 inch 3D tv and a Epson 3D projector. I only use the 3D option on the tv once in a while. But the best 3D movies I have seen are the old 3D movies of the 50's and 60's. They have restored these frame by frame and you can watch them on a modern 3D tv. The only downfall is you can't buy these movies at bestbuy but you can on Amazon. The next one coming out is the Maze.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis