Anthem MRX-740 or Denon 6700h for main channels power amp with 2.71 Vrms input sensitivity?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's very unlikely anyone could hear 0.018% THD+N with real program material in a room with speakers and NOT headphones. It's why I'm not a fan of the SINAD gospel of people chasing a #. I strongly believe based on my years of testing and designing highly sensitive audio communication systems for Telcom and Government defense that anything below 0.01% (80dB) THD+N is below the threshold of audiblity using test tones and with controlled listening with headphones and noise isolation. Once you play the tones in a room on loudspeakers, I think the threshold can be a bit higher. Of course with program material, all bets are off as the masking effect tends to dominate unless severe clipping is present.
@PENG updated that bit, too :) While I still want the best distortion spec I can get, relating it to audibility is a stretch most of the time....

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
@PENG updated that bit, too :) While I still want the best distortion spec I can get, relating it to audibility is a stretch most of the time....
Sorry HD, you quoted me before I edited out the word "not", and that confused Gene haha....

Of course, I did mean below the "not" was a typo. Amazing how typo for me is not always about spelling, but about unintended word(s) somehow find their way in.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis