Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
Im just setting up a new room in my own home finally. I built 2 monster Full marty subs, very limited to where i can put these. Right now they are laid down on their side at the front. I ran a quick measure on arc just to see, and for some reason a massive roll off? anyone know what could be doing this?

Attachments

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

The main reason it looks bad is because of the scaling. Get it scaled for 20-200 Hz horizontal and 60 dB vertical and it will look better.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
ok ill have to find out how to do that on arc. I compared it to some of my sub measurements in the past with different subs and different room, but they never rolled off like that until 120hz or so

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Notice the similarity in shape of curve to left and right of 85Hz. Room Modes.

Try other locations for the sub.

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
unfortunatly these subs are massive and i can't really put them any where else. Im waiting for my roll of speaker wire to come in, as my centre channel isn't hooked up yet, I ran ARC today for all the other channels, they didn't turn out too bad, the sub didn't need to correct too much, I also have a mini dsp, i have the subs boosted a little bit from 17hz to about 25-30hz. I need to learn how to use the mini dsp some more and set it up with a mic to see if i can get the subs to sound better.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis