Another Life Season 2 - Solid Sci-Fi on Netflix

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I enjoyed the first season. Yes, Katee Sackhoff is still hot at any age LOL, but beyound that I liked the use of AI and Sci-Fi. This was was also a treat for your home theater and subwoofer. Can be a bit cheesey at times, but I found it entertaining. B+

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I enjoyed the first season. Yes, Katee Sackhoff is still hot at any age LOL, but beyound that I liked the use of AI and Sci-Fi. This was was also a treat for your home theater and subwoofer. Can be a bit cheesey at times, but I found it entertaining. B+

I liked season 1, it was interesting and I agree it can be a bit cheesy at times. Great sounds and Dolby Vision is pretty good too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
There is a lot of solid shows coming back in the next 1-2 months, and this is one of them! It had it's moments where I thought I might kill it, but frankly, for now... I'm married to it. ;)

Also, Witcher S2 is dropping soon on NF. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for the reminder. Will check it out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I started this one a while back and think only got two episodes in before somewhat losing interest....but think I'll revisit it. FWIW I've been enjoying Foundation if you haven't checked that out....

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I had this saved to favorites, it never had a date for season 2 and it just poped up when I wass looking earlier this week. Locke and Key season 2 is the 22nd, Witcher 2 is right before Xmas.

Also agree that this series really takes advantage of Dolby Vision, great picture, even if the special effects are a tad on the lower budget side

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I started this one a while back and think only got two episodes in before somewhat losing interest....but think I'll revisit it. FWIW I've been enjoying Foundation if you haven't checked that out....
Ima be jumping into Foundation, soon. That was my first foray into real literature that wasn't assigned by the school. :) Sure it was Science Fiction, but com'on!: Asimov!!! :D (And then I hard dived into Vonnegut.)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ima be jumping into Foundation, soon. That was my first foray into real literature that wasn't assigned by the school. :) Sure it was Science Fiction, but com'on!: Asimov!!! :D (And then I hard dived into Vonnegut.)
It even inspired me to pull out my copy of The Foundation Trilogy to see just how different they are, tho....it's a bit different telling of the tale so to speak. But good.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It even inspired me to pull out my copy of The Foundation Trilogy to see just how different they are, tho....it's a bit different telling of the tale so to speak. But good.
It'd have to be different, at least a little. ;) Been a very long time since reading them... probably Freshman/Sophomore in HS.

Along those lines, I'm really interested in seeing what happens with the Wheel of Time series coming up at the end of November on Amazon.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It'd have to be different, at least a little. ;) Been a very long time since reading them... probably Freshman/Sophomore in HS.

Along those lines, I'm really interested in seeing what happens with the Wheel of Time series coming up at the end of November on Amazon.
Don't think I've seen anything about Wheel of Time, will check that out. Yeah, the angle they took on Foundation is different from the books, kinda has to be.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Waiting for all episodes to finish to binge in 7 day free trial. :D

Is it good enough for a large projector screen?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Waiting for all episodes to finish to binge in 7 day free trial. :D

Is it good enough for a large projector screen?
It's beautiful on my plasma....imagine it would look very nice on a projector. Good idea about the episodes/binge but since I was interested in a few other things decided to go ahead and subscribe....

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Starting watching season2 at my daughter's place while baby sitting an 80 lb German Shepard pup of 7 months of age and another puppy of one year old. I was wondering if that was only going to be a single year series wonder as its been 2 years between seasons.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Starting watching season2 at my daughter's place while baby sitting an 80 lb German Shepard pup of 7 months of age and another puppy of one year old. I was wondering if that was only going to be a single year series wonder as its been 2 years between seasons.
80 pound German shepherd! Holy cow, beautiful dogs, very loyal.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This TV series probably has the best Atmos sound I’ve heard for a TV series.

I’ve only seen about 10 minutes of S02E01, but I can tell the Atmos sound is still great.

Whoever is doing the Atmos sound mixing on this series is much appreciated. I bet they have a great Atmos home theater and enjoys Atmos. :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

There are three actors from Battlestar Galactica in this series, just saying. :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
This TV series probably has the best Atmos sound I’ve heard for a TV series.

I’ve only seen about 10 minutes of S02E01, but I can tell the Atmos sound is still great.

Whoever is doing the Atmos sound mixing on this series is much appreciated. I bet they have a great Atmos home theater and enjoys Atmos. :D
That was my take on it as well. I have not heard a series handle Atmos as well as this one does.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It seems we may not have seen the whole first season as only the first 2 or 3 episodes and last episode had the red bar, watched episodes.
While it is very interesting, especially ep. 8, ;) , I am scratching my head at many of their decision making as though they were not well trained
on protocols for exploring, dos and don'ts, other planes no matter what the scanners showed.
Of course we will finish 1st season and watch 2nd.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That was my take on it as well. I have not heard a series handle Atmos as well as this one does.
“Another Life“ is the only TV series that is on my Atmos Reference List. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just finished S02E03 last night. I don’t know what cameras they used to shoot this series, but PQ looks absolutely smooth and awesome - like probably 4K-8K digital cameras.

Black looks deep dark black and rich, color looks eye-popping and vibrant. I think it’s awesome to watch just for the the PQ. Good to show off your display.

They continue to use Atmos effectively when the situations are appropriate.

It’s funny hearing myself praising both video and audio on a series that is probably low-budget when there are many other extremely high-budget movies that are still shot using analog 35-65mm films and/or don’t have good audio.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis