Another Idiot Is In The House.

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
Take the 3 whatzits and run to the huzzit, then take a cable and go the inzits and route that round the howzits. You'll need 7 whatchamaziggers to connect the four thingys to the widgets...:D
Exactly ! Why didn't I think of this ? :D

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Hey Jeepers thanks a millions for your help and info.Actually i really want to get the USP-1 for dedicated stereo music listening and by-pass the UMC pre/pro,can i do that?How do i get the USP hook up?
You might find that the UMC will meet your needs for listening to stereo music. I have a UMC and USP in separate systems. Haven't done a head to head comparison, but the SQ on the UMC is very good. If you decide to go with both, check this link. It has a diagram showing the connections that an owner used to hook the USP to his AVR.

D

deftone

Enthusiast
You might find that the UMC will meet your needs for listening to stereo music. I have a UMC and USP in separate systems. Haven't done a head to head comparison, but the SQ on the UMC is very good. If you decide to go with both, check this link. It has a diagram showing the connections that an owner used to hook the USP to his AVR.

Hi Oppman99, i saw that @ the emo forum,any way thanks for bringing the link out again.My real main intentions is to have the USP as my dedicated stereo channel and not the UMC.My question now is how do i hook up the 3 UPA-1,USP-1,XPA-2,BDP 83 and the UMC-1.From the diagram above it has solve USP and the BDP 83 connections.What about the 3 UPA`s and the X-2 then.I have e-mail Emo support but no reply yet.Just for your info i will be using the UPA`s to drive the LCR and the X-2 for the rears.May be X-2 for L&R and 1 UPA for centre and the other 2 for rears,Any way thanks again Oppman.:)

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I haven't tried using my USP in bypass mode. The UMC has multiple trigger outputs (4 of them) which can be configured for each of your devices (Oppo, CD, TV ect.), so you can set your inputs (in the UMC setup) to trigger specific amps depending on whether you are listening to music vs. using the HT. To give an example, you could set up an input (maybe labeled audio)for listening to music that only turns on the amps for your L/R and a separate input (say theater) for turning all of them on for movies. I only have one amp in the HT, so I'm not taking advantage of that feature, but if I had multiple amps, it would definately be convenient. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure this is possible with the USP involved, but it should be. You might want to post the question on the Emotiva boards and specifically ask those using both to chime in. Better yet, call customer service and ask directly. It will most likely get you a quicker and more accurate response. Sorry I can't be more help.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
BDP-83 --- UMC (HDMI)
BDP-83 Stereo Audio Out L/R --- USP Audio In CD L/R

UMC 7.1 Out-L --- USP HT In-L
UMC 7.1 Out-R --- USP HT In-R
UMC 7.1 Out-C --- UPA
UMC 7.1 Out-LS --- UPA
UMC 7.1 Out-RS --- UPA
UMC 7.1 Out-SW --- Sub

USP Audio Out Full Range-L --- XPA-2