Announcing the Second Philharmonic Audio BMR Roadshow

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Dennis Murphy has decided to put the new Philharmonic Audio BMR speakers with the ceramic woofer and furniture-grade cabinets through the same paces as was done before in the first BMR Roadshow. After all, there's no other way for people to sample the new BMR now that the virus has pretty much ruled out visits to existing owners' houses.

The rules (such as they are) will be the same as with the first Roadshow. All you have to do is sign up for an audition, provide shipping information, listen to them at your earliest convenience, and then pack them back up for a Fed Ex pickup that Dennis will arrange. Dennis will take care of the labels and pay for all of the shipping. If you wish to post comments, fine. If not, fine.

In order to make the project manageable from a cost and time standpoint, participants will be limited to the Continental U.S. East of the Mississippi. If you're interested, just write Dennis Murphy at info@philharmonicaudio.com. Please make all communications via email, as that leaves a more easily accessed record of all sign ups. Any requests made directly on this thread, or PMs through this forum, will not be noticed or scheduled.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd be interested if it ever comes out west....

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
In order to make the project manageable from a cost and time standpoint, participants will be limited to the Continental U.S. East of the Mississippi. If you're interested, just write Dennis Murphy at info@philharmonicaudio.com. Please make all communications via email, as that leaves a more easily accessed record of all sign ups. Any requests made directly on this thread, or PMs through this forum, will not be noticed or scheduled.
East coast snobs... lol
Those of us on the west coast enjoy BMR's too. :p

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
And it's only natural you're doing Europe this time, right?

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
It's Like That, and Thats the Way it is. EAST COAST!!!
Not sure I would call Chicago East Coast. And even though it's on the wrong side of the Mighty Miss--I'll throw in St. Louis. I've never sold a pair of speakers to anyone in St. Louis. Strange.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure I would call Chicago East Coast. And even though it's on the wrong side of the Mighty Miss--I'll throw in St. Louis. I've never sold a pair of speakers to anyone in St. Louis. Strange.
But you sold several to someone from St Louis!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've heard them lol, just not with the new ceramic woofer. I need to BUY them now :)

The tweeter in the new mini is different? Oh sorry, I have the regular Philharmonitor.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
How do I get on the BMR Roadshow for the new towers? Thanks!

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
That's pretty obvious. You just intercept a slow boat from China departing around Feb. 1. I think it's called the Popeye. But I could be wrong.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
That's pretty obvious. You just intercept a slow boat from China departing around Feb. 1. I think it's called the Popeye. But I could be wrong.
@D Murphy - Are you joking or is that really your timetable for new BMR towers like the ones shown earlier? If so, I'll try and pick up a submarine rental. :cool:

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
With speakers designed by Dennis Murphy, if you've heard one of his smaller designs, you know how his larger designs will sound. The mid-range is clear and distinct. The overall balance will remain neutral, there is no loss or dip across the crossover frequency region(s), and the drivers' dispersion is always the greatest possible. Larger designs of his sound the same … but with deeper, more powerful, but never exaggerated bass.

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
@D Murphy - Are you joking or is that really your timetable for new BMR towers like the ones shown earlier? If so, I'll try and pick up a submarine rental. :cool:
Let's just say that's a timetable. We're in a race to beat the Chinese New Year in February, which closes the whole country down for a month. So if we miss that slow boat, the next one won't pull out until March.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I’m extremely pleased with the BMRs I just bought. As far as I can tell, they are perfect. To the extent there are imperfections, I cannot detect them.

It’s almost as if the sound is just there.

This is based on what my ears tell me. I have not run any tests on them.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Has anyone in the Milwaukee area signed up? I just found out about this and if someone here will be auditioning them, I would definitely be interested.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis