mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I joined 20 years ago on 3 Sept. 2004.

I met mtrycrafts at another forum, Audio Review. It was bought by new owners who quickly ruined it. Mtrycrafts talked me into joining AH where he had recently joined.

At the time, others also turned their backs on AR, to come here. But I don’t remember who they were. However, I’ll always be glad that mtry talked me into coming here.
I do remember SVS's founding owner or whatever he was at AR, I think he may have used TV... (Vodhanel?)moniker or something. Always talked about subs, testing them, etc.

A number of years ago he sent me one of his cylindrical subs as a gift, 36" tall, passed it on to my youngest son.
Also remember the technical director of Audio magazine was there posting but didn't migrate here. There was a Gene there as well. Another one went into consulting Home theaters in Georgia, bough a Runco projector and an Onkyo 939 that I still use the amp section of it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I am both blessed & cursed with a good memory. Some people can't believe me and others admire me for it.
I'm the same way. I remember so many small things about people that it either freaks them out, or makes them happy.

I remember phone numbers for phones I haven't needed to call for over 30 years.

I've only been a member for 12 years, but I lurked on the forums and website since 2007 or so.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
I'm the same way. I remember so many small things about people that it either freaks them out, or makes them happy.

I've only been a member for 12 years, but I lurked on the forums and website since 2007 or so.
Like you only a member for 6 years but lurked since 2011 or so.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Ha :D! That dates you as coming before the age of cell phones. You're just around the corner from being Old & In The Way.

No one remembers phone numbers now. When she was pretty old, I got my mother a cell phone. She liked that she always had a phone with her, but she refused to store phone number contacts in her phone. She feared that would make her forget those phone numbers she kept in her head.

I know people who gripe if they have to actually poke in a phone number they don't have in their contact list.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
You guys rock. I truly appreciate the community you've helped to keep going for so long. It's been challenging to keep this forum active like it was 20 years ago. Unfortunately, it lost some of its steam after I replatformed to Xenforo and I don't know anyone that can help update it. After the editorial site replatform to Wordpress, I will work on the forum next.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
We should have a talk with Gene.
I stopped wearing a wristwatch a good many years ago when it did a job on my wrist, so I stopped. Never put it back on. Now I just use my iPhone, more precise. :D
I might be able to get a headphone company to sponsor some IEMs for 20+ year members here. Let me see what I can do. Definitely not watches tho. LOL

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I might be able to get a headphone company to sponsor some IEMs for 20+ year members here. Let me see what I can do. Definitely not watches tho. LOL
Age adjusted?

I’ll let myself out.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I joined January 2021 and nobody answered my first question. :eek:

I decided to stick around any way. :p

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

By 2020, we were inundated by trolls inspired by the Covid pandemic and the 6 Jan 2020 insurrection, as well as the usual audiophools. I'm glad you stuck around anyway.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

This is your first post in this thread! :D

Oooooh, you meant your very very very first post!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Was it a hard question? :)
He did learn to break up a post with blank lines. :p

His very first post in a thread all by himself. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis