Angel City Audio at the 2012 Audioholics Get Together Event

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Angel City Audio showed off their new Trinity LR speakers at the 2012 Audioholics Get Together event. This is a left/right bookshelf model which has a frequency response of 30Hz - 35kHz and a sensitivity of 90dB @ 1w/m. They are about 16" deep but there is also a Trinity Center model that has a slightly reduced frequency response. It plays down to around 55Hz, but it's also reduced in depth (to just 12") so you can better place it on its side as a center channel. Now the great thing about these speakers is that you can combine them in a 2-channel, 3-point, 5-point or whatever type of system you want. The LR can disperse evenly enough to be used as a center, or you can grab the Center model for that. Or you could use a whole system of the Center model if you want something a bit smaller in depth all-around and you plan to use a subwoofer to fill in the missing low end.

Discuss "Angel City Audio at the 2012 Audioholics Get Together Event" here. Read the article.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Though first impressions are not a substitute for in depth listening: I walked into that room, found the sound both a bit shallow and harsh, and left.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Though first impressions are not a substitute for in depth listening: I walked into that room, found the sound both a bit shallow and harsh, and left.
Might have been my fault for bringing them a progressive rock CD that sounded like crap. It was the first time I heard it so I didn't know how badly it was recorded. Also coming from the Salk room could have also spoiled you a bit :)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
You sure these are "NEW", I swear I saw these speakers at CAS 2011 . They sure were open and had a transparent mid-range . Great cabinet work and finish.

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
What Gene said. :)

We were shooting the breeze and so I didn't really pay attention to what was playing at that time.
I wish you'd said something then we'd put something else in there. :D
May be next time.

Thanks,
Might have been my fault for bringing them a progressive rock CD that sounded like crap. It was the first time I heard it so I didn't know how badly it was recorded. Also coming from the Salk room could have also spoiled you a bit :)

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
You are correct.

I guess by NEW, we meant to say it's new to the AH guys. :)
You sure these are "NEW", I swear I saw these speakers at CAS 2011 . They sure were open and had a transparent mid-range . Great cabinet work and finish.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
We were shooting the breeze and so I didn't really pay attention to what was playing at that time.
May be next time.
No worries. I'll sneak in my own CD at the next GTG. Until then, I shall reserve judgement on the speakers. :)

I can say that they were very comely in a piano black.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
What Gene said. :)

May be next time.

Thanks,
I thought I had lost my mine there for a second.:D

woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
No worries. I'll sneak in my own CD at the next GTG. Until then, I shall reserve judgement on the speakers. :)

I can say that they were very comely in a piano black.
I think because of room issues they were a little bit more source-material dependent than usual. I brought acoustic treatments but they were hardly effective against such large walls. We were definitely exciting a bit of an upper-midrange resonance in the room that caused them to sound harsh with some material. With other music it sounded normal.

The description is accurate though. They are dynamic and "live" sounding. It's great for realism, but in a live room you can run into problems.

Hopefully you'll get another chance to check them out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis