An Insult to American Film Classics

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Fargo was great. Unless you live in MN!!! Most of us don’t talk like “yeah sure you betcha”. Lol
Funny, none of the film is actually filmed in Fargo and the Coens chose the name because it sounded better than “Brainerd”(where I live actually lol). I ran down to the gas station that was by my house one night and found out I couldn’t get in because they were shooting a film. Turns out it was a pretty damn good one! Wish I would have stuck around that night...
How is that, again?...
You Betcha! :)
Had a good friend whose fam was from up in them those there parts... she had some interesting things to say about that. ;) (ND, iirc.)
Still... a great film!

Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
Perhaps a case of the "Middle Class Measuring Stick".
There are so many possibilities as to why a film is finished in a particular way. Anyone involved in the writing, directing, producing, etc. may be trying to put forth a specific point of view. The society of that particular place and time, which varies from place to place, may/will have a very different perspective.

I'm a big fan of a lot of the B&W movies and have a small collection of my favorites. I enjoy watching them over and over but if I put on my "today's societal rules and mores" glasses they are certainly cringe worthy.

I pay little to no attention to a review as they are based on that person's personality and all that goes into the makeup of said personality, most of which I strongly disagree.
I watch what I like and only my valuation is what matters in the end.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis