Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Pretty pathetic that her friends and family didn't have the stones to put her in a place where she could get her head straight. She clearly needed supervision.

27 seems to be a popular age for musicians/singers to die from substance abuse.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Sometimes, it's nobody else's fault.

Nobody can force a 27 year old with tons of money to do anything they don't want to do. She would have had to make the decision to straighten up and fly right all on her own.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
no,not surprising,

but IMO it's a huge loss to the music world. :(

I really like her work

I always hoped to be able to see her live.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wow, what a shock. Very sad indeed. My heart goes out to all of her friends and family. RIP!

Sadly,

Phil

M

Mopar McNeer

Enthusiast
Not too suprised myself. Sucks for her family and fans. Sad deal.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Russell Brand on Amy Winehouse.

I've always liked this guy and thought his comedic talent was unique, but it tales a truly wise, compassionate, and classy soul to come up with something like this.

Personally, I think the world could benefit from more like this "comedian".

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
She had a great voice, but I wasn't a fan of her music. I saw a concert on HDNET and it was painful to watch - clearly obvious that she was just "going through the motions" and was trying to get through with the show. It didn't look like she was having fun up there, and unfortunately, it showed.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Sad to see but she wasn't even close to being in the same club with Hendrix or Cobain....

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
She will most likely be remembered as a 1 hit wonder. Her skills as a musician, imho, were way over rated. No where near the same class like those already mentioned in this thread.

-pat

highfigh

highfigh

I've always liked this guy and thought his comedic talent was unique, but it tales a truly wise, compassionate, and classy soul to come up with something like this.

Personally, I think the world could benefit from more like this "comedian".
That was a very insightful article. However, in writing "but we all know drunks and junkies and they all need help and the help is out there. All they have to do is pick up the phone and make the call. Or not. Either way, there will be a phone call.", the sad fact is that most drunks and drug addicts will never make that call. Whether they just have a bad self-image, complete self-loathing or think someone will come along out of the blue, they often don't see the problem for what it is in so many cases- a death sentence. Some can quit by making the decision to stop and some never can. For 27 years old, she had abused herself badly. I've heard several times that she had emphyzema.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i first heard about amy winehouse when i heard her song "rehab"
then i listened to the lyrics ... i knew then she was circling the drain.

what is it with music/showbiz that just self destructs people?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I always used to think this was a just a myth but after all this talk of the 27 club, I'm starting to have my doubts.

After all, he does demand his due, and in his own time...

highfigh

highfigh

I always used to think this was a just a myth but after all this talk of the 27 club, I'm starting to have my doubts.

After all, he does demand his due, and in his own time...
So, in reality, the Devil is actually the A&R (artist & repertoir) person at the record company who signs the artist to a contract?

Sounds logical.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis