Amplifiers and point of diminishing returns

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Op, 'funbobby', gotta offer up an apology for the distraction I caused here on your thread. We all get sometimes overly passionate with our rebuttals, exchanges, etc.

NIN, sorry I called you 'kid', but seriously there will come a time when you will wish to be called that !

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming ..............

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
nit-picky little thing aren't you kid, LOL ! ;)

point taken, but I'll stand by my comment that speaker / amp marriage is of importance
Of course I'm "nit-picky" about the actual meaning and definition of a word. I'm a career scientist and definitions are super important when it comes to describing what's actually happening.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I remember that! Thank you. Looks like Salk's site is back up again too. Musta been a hiccup.

Have you listened to the Satori Be tweeter? If so, how do they compare to the RAALs? I don't think I've ever heard a Be tweeter before but I know the good ones are top of the mark, right up there with RAAL.
For someone that might be interested here's a great opportunity to own a sweet pair of Jim's speakers - RIGHT NOW !...

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know if JTR Jeff was using the MkII or the original, but Gagman's video of the JTR experience showed him having these in his set up... 2 monoblocks I think.

Mind, those 215s need some love to power properly. ;)
With the MK2, the Cherry says that they have improved the power efficiency, but you need a capable preamp to drive it. They should have improved its gain of only
25.6 dB.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis