Amazon Fire TV Stick, Should I connect it to the TV or to the AVR directly?

A

Audioctor

Audioholic Intern
Should I connect my Amazon Fire TV Stick directly to the AVR HDMI input to get the best audio or will connecting it to the TV give an equally good performance?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

F

Foxrox

Junior Audioholic
Probably not a huge difference in audio as long as the TV has HDMI out to the receiver, but connecting to the AVR seems like the clear choice. Less cables, less source switching, and as good or better audio performance. This assumes your AVR is newish and has good HDMI pass-through for the video signal.

A

Audioctor

Audioholic Intern
Mine is Denon x3300w. Hope its fine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

music4cities

music4cities

Junior Audioholic
Yes, seems to make more sense to stick it in the avr at least as a first go. I don't know your model but it works for my not too new avr. Otherwise it's got to go down the hdmi audio return from tv to avr. And switching sources should be easier if it's going into the avr inputs. I could see plugging it into the tv though if you want to keep the avr inputs open or don't have a spare.

Though, You know, there are these cats that make an awesome tube buffer stage for the Amazon fire....just kidding.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I have my Fire Stick going directly to my AVR.

A

Aman

Audioholic Intern
Same here. The fire TV stick hooked up to my Denon avr and I have had no issues at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis