Airplay and Spotify Connect suddenly stopped working on Denon 4300

F

Foxrox

Junior Audioholic
Both AirPlay and Spotify Connect have worked fine on my Denon X4300H up until now. Suddenly there is no sound. Both still act as if they are connected and the song continues to tick along on the screen of my iPhone, but no sound is coming out. Also nothing is displayed on my TV screen like usual. I don’t believe it’s a hardware issue. Other sources still play and sound fine. Anyone else had this issue? Please help! Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What happens after a soft reset (unplugging the avr for a while)?

F

Foxrox

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try these and report back when I have a chance. Might be a bit, though.

F

Foxrox

Junior Audioholic
Unplugging the AVR did the trick. Thanks lovinthehd! I suspect this has something to do with HEOS. The AVR works directly with Spotify Connect, but things seem to get over-complicated when HEOS tries to take control of everything. Web searches turned up many past complaints of Spotify and HEOS not getting along. And the AVR wouldn’t come out of HEOS mode for some reason, until the reset. More research and experimentation is probably in order, but at least I’m up and running for now.

T

ThunderClap

Audioholic
FYI Marantz support will tell you unplug AVR from the wall for a minute and it'l work.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis