AfterLife2's Setup Finally...Brace Yourself and Always Thankful To My Audioholics FriendS.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
A turn table! Do you own some vinyl?
Not anymore, but thrift store has some great clean vinyl. It's a manual turntable too. Gotta order the headshell, belt and cartridge. Which will be cheaper than buying the turntable on eBay. People want almost 150-200 for this model! I'll just need to spend like $40ish to get it going. I'm so happy. Rah. o_O

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not anymore, but thrift store has some great clean vinyl. It's a manual turntable too. Gotta order the headshell, belt and cartridge. Which will be cheaper than buying the turntable on eBay. People want almost 150-200 for this model! I'll just need to spend like $40ish to get it going. I'm so happy. Rah. o_O
Honestly, if I were to stumble across a nice tt for next to nothing I might find myself trying to incorporate it into my system too. Let me know how you make out with it!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'm alrea
Yeah that's not bad. A little elbow grease and a couple dollars in parts and you could ultimately make a profit on it even if you wanted to.
I'm already looking at audio-techica carts. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Don't laugh, but these were so cheap and in mint condition that I had to get them. I always liked the look of this speaker as a kid in the 80's, but never got it. This is my first anything Bose. If I don't like the SQ to Craigslist they go.
IMG_20191226_205008_108.jpg

IMG_20191226_205201_691.jpg

IMG_20191226_205359_022.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well it's not my DCM's or Bostons great SQ. They are a bit veiled but sound better than I thought they would. Positioning them is key. When I pointed the actual speaker towards me the clarity was much better. They are not as loud as my other speakers. They might need an amp to really shine. I didn't listen for long though. Will listen more tonight after work for more thoughts. The drivers are in pristine condition with a bit of dust that I cleaned off. I might hook them up to my small amp when I get it in about 2 weeks. For 25 bucks I can't complain. Rah.
IMG_20191227_102703_686.jpg

IMG_20191227_102544_622.jpg

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'm addicted. Not sure if this is a good Yamaha receiver(No remote) , but the price is low and in almost mint condition.
IMG_20191227_193139_394.jpg

IMG_20191227_193226_852.jpg

43 Plasma by Pioneer. I've seen this a couple of time and am surprised it's still there. I remember people loving the image quality on this TV back in the day.
IMG_20191227_193315_009.jpg

I held back and didn't buy either one. Phew. :p Should I run back and get the Yammy reciever?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Should I run back and get the Yammy reciever?
You better hurry before somebody else spots it. I get that you're amusing yourself with some affordable but still fun gear. Where's the harm?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You better hurry before somebody else spots it. I get that you're amusing yourself with some affordable but still fun gear. Where's the harm?
Argggg you've convinced me. :) They are closed now. I'll go there tomorrow morning. I like that it has a turntable input and if I hook it up to my small amp I'd have to get to power it and ground anyway and spend more money. It $25 and in great condition. Thanks for the push Adam. Oh yeah I'm listening to the Bose without the grills and it sounds decent and clearer. No they are not exceptional, but not the worst I've heard. Sounds OK with Jazz though.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'd be so tempted to pick up that plasma for a second tv or even as a pc monitor...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis