AfterLife2's Setup Finally...Brace Yourself and Always Thankful To My Audioholics FriendS.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Some daytime pics. DCM were a little bright at first, but they have been settling in. Played them last night mostly Jazz and they are impressive. I really want the center, hopefully they will lower back the price.
IMG_20191203_094054_139.jpg
IMG_20191203_094228_239.jpg
IMG_20191203_094511_655.jpg

IMG_20191203_093733_260.jpg

Hamid Khan

Hamid Khan

Junior Audioholic
Very nice set up, thanks for the pictures. Any chance of wall mounting the TV and relocating your receiver on the table.? But it is beautiful as it stands.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Nice speaker stands. I'm using mine for a plant...and wifey had extra xmas decorations.

IMG_20191203_173535.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice set up, thanks for the pictures. Any chance of wall mounting the TV and relocating your receiver on the table.? But it is beautiful as it stands.
Hi Hamid Welcome to the best forum! I'm not a big fan of mounting on wall. I know it's safe, but don't trust TV to fall. I like my TV a certain way on a stand and it fits my needs. The AV on floor is more because no room for ventilation. No animals or kids, so no worries about it being on floor. I really love the way it looks now. Thank you for the compliments.

Hamid Khan

Hamid Khan

Junior Audioholic
Hi Hamid Welcome to the best forum! I'm not a big fan of mounting on wall. I know it's safe, but don't trust TV to fall. I like my TV a certain way on a stand and it fits my needs. The AV on floor is more because no room for ventilation. No animals or kids, so no worries about it being on floor. I really love the way it looks now. Thank you for the compliments.
Thanks for the Welcome!
I was around on the forum for some years, just never been very active.
Once you like your system and enjoy it that is most important. Two thumbs up!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for the Welcome!
I was around on the forum for some years, just never been very active.
Once you like your system and enjoy it that is most important. Two thumbs up!
Thanks alot. Looking forward to your setup, Hamid.

Hamid Khan

Hamid Khan

Junior Audioholic
Thanks alot. Looking forward to your setup, Hamid.
Would be great to share my setup, afterlife2, but currently I have all my devices in boxes. I have been doing over my room for quite a long time, and just can't get enough time to complete it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I love thrift store finds. This was only $10 today and as you can see almost mint condition. No remote, but who cares. It made my whole day and works flawlessly. :cool:
IMG_20191207_150515_978.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I love thrift store finds. This was only $10 today and as you can see almost mint condition. No remote, but who cares. It made my whole day and works flawlessly. :cool:
View attachment 32661
That's awesome. You make me want to go check the one in my area. They have a... *ahem* "hi fi" area... I've never seen anything as good as that tho.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
View attachment 32661
I use a similar Pio in my garage for years, $5 at estate sale

Actually, mine has the 5 disc cassette that pops out, and it works in those old school Pio disc changers you used to mount in the trunk of your car, hahaha

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
That was my first thought, but I have never seen that. I wonder how long it takes to scan a CD.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That's awesome. You make me want to go check the one in my area. They have a... *ahem* "hi fi" area... I've never seen anything as good as that tho.
It's amazing what you find at the goodwill store. I was actually looking for a cheap Turntable, but the one they had I didn't like, then I saw this beauty and asked the price and my mouth was wide open. I don't go to that one often, but its next to the grocery I shop at, so I said hmmm let's see. The table I got at another thrift furniture store.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I use a similar Pio in my garage for years, $5 at estate sale

Actually, mine has the 5 disc cassette that pops out, and it works in those old school Pio disc changers you used to mount in the trunk of your car, hahaha
That's a great find too. How do you find out about estate sales? Always see people go to them on here and other forums. That must be eye candy to us electronic nerds.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That's a great find too. How do you find out about estate sales? Always see people go to them on here and other forums. That must be eye candy to us electronic nerds.
On this one, I was helping a friend transport some stuff cuz I had the truck, and happened to pick this up since I was there.

You often see estate sales published in the classifieds of local newspapers, or even just signs on the side of the road.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well I got lucky again today. I recently was looking for a Oppo SACD/DVD-A Player online for a couple of weeks, but even though they were reasonably priced I held back. Something told me to go to the thrift store today. I carried only $28 bucks. Well if I didn't see a Minty Denon sacd/dvd-a for 12.99!!! Holy moly I almost cried tears of joy. Of course after that I looked at the cds and found some good stuff as well:
IMG_20191214_164834_498.jpg

IMG_20191214_165916_009.jpg

IMG_20191214_164641_006.jpg

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
On this one, I was helping a friend transport some stuff cuz I had the truck, and happened to pick this up since I was there.

You often see estate sales published in the classifieds of local newspapers, or even just signs on the side of the road.
I see them listed on Craigslist sometimes too. Oh boy, typing that just made me realize I haven't checked Craigslist for good speaker deals in a while...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well I got lucky again today. I recently was looking for a Appo SACD/DVD-A Player online for a couple of weeks, but even though they were reasonably priced I held back. Something told me to go to the thrift store today. I carried only $28 bucks. Well if I didn't see a Minty Denon sacd/dvd-a for 12.99!!! Holy moly I almost cried tears of joy. Of course after that I looked at the cds and found some good stuff as well:
View attachment 32756
View attachment 32755
View attachment 32757
That's a great find! That's actually something missing from my setup. I don't think I have anything that plays SACDs. Unless my Xbox or PC does. I don't think they do...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis