AfterLife2's Setup Finally...Brace Yourself and Always Thankful To My Audioholics FriendS.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Took awhile to hook up the PJ Mount last night, but well worth it. Now I can sit in the middle and enjoy and use the table I had it on for other uses. :) Big thanks to Fuzz for the hookup!:cool:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
TDA7498 100W+100W 2-channel Stereo Digital Power Amplifier Board From Ebay China(Seller tomtop_shop) Bought a 24V 5A adapter($15-20) as well:

Came upon this amp after helping someone here on the forums pick out a cheap amp. Saw this on ebay and did some research on youtube and a couple of forums and settled on this one for $11.71 shipped from China! I said what the heck a fun project. :oops: To my surprise it's quite a capable amp and louder than my SMSL SA-S3. Dialed in 12 o' clock WHOA LOUD! Boost 1 and 2 is nice and to my ears really brings out the music. :) I can't believe this thing is only 11 bucks.:eek:Highly recommend getting one. The seller includes the Vol. knob/feet, which I have not seen from others sellers and his is the cheapest too.:D Sanwu amps are highly regarded as well. If you buy this from a brand name with case it will cost over $100 for sure.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
~$30 for amp with power supply! That is pretty impressive. Now if there was a case for an additional $10 to finish it, that would really be something; I am that guy that would be worried about dropping a paperclip or a couple of loose staples and it landing wrong!!!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
For sure. I'm working on getting a DYI case for it, but not found one yet. I'll let you know. It's an impressive amp for sure. The Bass boost is great to have as well. With this amp for sure you can get the party started! Jazz sounds great on this little amp. The more I use it the better it sounds. What? :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
hehe sent you the link via PM, BSA. I really think you guys will love the amp. Since you guys are more technical I'd love to see you guys review it. If you want more power get the 34V 5A/6A ac adapter.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
~$30 for amp with power supply! That is pretty impressive. Now if there was a case for an additional $10 to finish it, that would really be something; I am that guy that would be worried about dropping a paperclip or a couple of loose staples and it landing wrong!!!
Well, not quite $40, but you can get similar amp in a nice case:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TDA7498E-digital-amplifier-160W-2-pcm2704-DAC-USB-audio-decoder-dual-input/131588440415?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=4e727128ac5b408ab9763ea7df6aaeb1&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=272219372357
just add $20 for psu

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That would have been an ok deal If they included the adapter, which goes for about $30-40(34V 5/6A. I just happened to haggle the price on the 32V 5A adapter, So I got a great deal at 15$. I'd like to try the 34V one. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Those Rasp Pi's cases with the fan might work If you're good at DYI. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
No doubt it will work, but If you want more power at least 34V. My 32V 5A seems to drive it real well though, just curious at 34V 6A. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:DWell my ebay Rasp Pi 2 case worked nicely after a little mod. Need another case now:

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
:DWell my ebay Rasp Pi 2 case worked nicely after a little mod. Need another case now:

Looks very good Joe. You did a great job. Heck, you ought to order these and sell them for a small profit. Who knows, you might pick up a little extra cash here and there. I think it looks fantastic!

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks Candyman! I'm proud of it. It reminds me of a tube amp. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis