Advice on mixed subs

B

bymervon

Audiophyte
Ok i feeling a little overwhelmed right now and need some advice. I am just a beginner in the audio world and dont have very much knowledge.

Usage: room not built yet but max 16ft x16ft with 16ft ceiling and will be a man cave home theater. 70% gaming , 20% movies , 10% music
Owned: yamaha rxv685 avr , 4x klipsch rp600m's , klipsch rp450c , rythmik lv12f

I have a plan but dont know if its a good one. I have a Rythmik LV12F 12 inch sub thats sounds great but im wanting more bass. I'm on a somewhat fixed budget so im trying to get the best results for the price.

1.Is it a good mix to add a full marty box with a dayton ultimax 18 inch sub +crown 1502 amp or something else for bass at the same under $1000 ?
2.Is there a way to use the rythmik lv12f closer to my position to act as a mid bass module and the ultimax farther as low end and is this a good idea ?
3.Should i instead just build 2x full marty's with 15 inch ultimax's?
3.Does anyone have any better suggestions ?

Thank you all

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Ok i feeling a little overwhelmed right now and need some advice. I am just a beginner in the audio world and dont have very much knowledge.

Usage: room not built yet but max 16ft x16ft with 16ft ceiling and will be a man cave home theater. 70% gaming , 20% movies , 10% music

I have a plan but dont know if its a good one. I have a Rythmik LV12F 12 inch sub thats sounds great but im wanting more bass. I'm on a somewhat fixed budget so im trying to get the best results for the price.

1.Is it a good mix to add a full marty box with a dayton ultimax 18 inch sub +crown 1502 amp or something else for bass at the same under $1000 ?
2.Is there a way to use the rythmik lv12f closer to my position to act as a mid bass module and the ultimax farther as low end and is this a good idea ?

Thank you all
Get a second Rythmik LV12F or sell your current Rytmik and build two Martycubes using the Ultimax 18 and single crown amp for about $1,500. Two Martycube 18’s will settle the foundation of your home and gently massage your neighbors to sleep.

B

bymervon

Audiophyte
Get a second Rythmik LV12F or sell your current Rytmik and build two Martycubes using the Ultimax 18 and single crown amp for about $1,500. Two Martycube 18’s will settle the foundation of your home and gently massage your neighbors to sleep.
I dont really have any close neighbors luckily. What crown amp do you recommend for 2x 18" ultimax's ?

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
If room is not built yet and you can avoid building a 16' cube, you will save yourself from bad resonance headaches (figuratively speaking) down the line.
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

B

bymervon

Audiophyte
If room is not built yet and you can avoid building a 16' cube, you will save yourself from bad resonance headaches (figuratively speaking) down the line.
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The existing structure already has 16 ft ceiling and money will be tight for the first year or two ,but after that i will be able to shorten the rooms ceiling and add a loft for storage above if all things go well.

Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Thank you all
I'd think the 1502 could do the job but if you can swing the 2002 or 2502.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis