advice needed on - diy cab for HT-8 Kit and Flat Pack with Matte Black Finish Waveguide

johnny45

johnny45

Audioholic
with diysoundgroup currently out of stock for the HT-8 Kit and Flat Pack with Matte Black Finish Waveguide

i can get the woofer and tweeter from sweetwater an if i'm reading the
dims right the
internal cab dims are 1in smaller the the outside an 1.25in sallower from
the front to back
11.5 w
15.75 h
6.25 d

so i could build my own cabs but first 3 biggy questions

1. how big are those ports an where else can i get them

2. is the 1550hz xover specific to that woof an tweet or would another
xover at or near that 1550hz work ,does anyone know what's the input/output power dispersion ie how much
in from the amp an out to the woof an tweet

3 . were else can i get the Denovo SEOS-10 waveguide

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You definitely need help from someone who knows how to build speakers and has the equipment to test the drivers, and the software to calculate the appropriate crossover components for the chosen drivers, as long as they are designed to work together.

No, you can't use any 1550 Hz crossover. It has to be designed specifically for the drivers used, based on their Thiele-Small parameters.

Frankly, it would be a lot easier for you to return what you ordered if you did, and get a flat pack will all the necessary components from places like Parts-Express, Madisound or Meniscus Audio Group.

Last edited:
johnny45

johnny45

Audioholic
ok thanks ,but do you know what the mount hole dims are for the ports on the HT-8 kit what size are the port tubes

an would the Celestion H1-9040P 1" Exponential Horn 90x40 2-Bolt/3-Bolt be a suitable alt to the Denovo SEOS-10 waveguide

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
ok thanks ,but do you know what the mount hole dims are for the ports on the HT-8 kit what size are the port tubes

an would the Celestion H1-9040P 1" Exponential Horn 90x40 2-Bolt/3-Bolt be a suitable alt to the Denovo SEOS-10 waveguide
I wouldn't know. You would have to do your own research. As I already told you, just get a complete flat pack with the cabinet in kit form, and that should resolve your problem.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd think the kit or design details all the necessary information if you're going to provide your own cabinet and port tubes (or port sizes, etc)....the nature of kits/diy designs to a great extent (may not be convenient, tho). That is, you should be able to buy the necessary crossover components or porting materials and build your own if a kit isn't available. I wouldn't vary from the design specifics particularly.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis