ADVICE NEED ON DIY SUPER MONITOR SPEAKER BUILD -----OPTIONS AN GUIDANCE

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
my amp has got a good parametric eq an highcut trim controls for room correction that can compensate for that crazy high end
i think for the cost an my budget im going to give those prvs a go
No amp has the ability to cope with that without taking out the entirety of the treble- and that is just the on-axis response. Off-axis is a whole other story and is certain to be much worse.

johnny45

johnny45

Audioholic
the custom xover i had built has -6db db attenuation on the highs

the parametric eq on my receiver also has high an low shelfs that are adjustable from 20hz to 20khz +3db - or -

20db

High-Pass (Satellite) Crossover Slope 12 dB/octave (2nd order)

that may or my not help

johnny45

johnny45

Audioholic
the custom xover i had built has -6db db attenuation on the highs

the parametric eq on my receiver also has high an low shelfs that are adjustable from 20hz to 20khz +3db - or -

20db

High-Pass (Satellite) Crossover Slope 12 dB/octave (2nd order)

that may or my not help

In building a custom crossover is it possible to put in multiple frequency attenuation points on the high end to level out a drivers frequency response an get it to produce a smoother response an is this something that you can model in soundeasy 23

are the called notch filters an can the be designed into a custom crossover an can that be done with soundeasy23

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
In building a custom crossover is it possible to put in multiple frequency attenuation points on the high end to level out a drivers frequency response an get it to produce a smoother response an is this something that you can model in soundeasy 23

are the called notch filters an can the be designed into a custom crossover an can that be done with soundeasy23
I think the only way to do this would be with dsp that has parametric EQ, which would require your own mic. I’m not familiar with soundeasy23 but if it can’t run frequency sweeps from an external mic then it is not the right software for you to be basing parametric EQ settings from. Basing a lot of equalization off a manufacturers frequency response graph and building a passive crossover to deal with it sounds like a recipe for disaster as this methodology would not include the drivers response in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis