adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
What I find ironic is the auto link to the word amp in your post links to the manufacturer of your POS. :)

As it does in mine.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I like how I can now treat a-m-p as a censored word when I type my posts. I'm going to look like a weirdo to all the new people. Hmmm, so no change, then...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow - and the generous offers continue to pour in for this piece of junk.

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) for your convenience.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
On today's list (which means, maybe sometime this year :eek: :)):

• Reconnect all amp modules in the IPS-1 and pack it back into the box
  • Rearrange some of the components in the entertainment center, due to the empty space where the amp was
  • Swap out the HDMI cables for the new Monoprice Redmere cables that arrived yesterday

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General

• Rearrange some of the components in the entertainment center, due to the empty space where the amp was
  • Swap out the HDMI cables for the new Monoprice Redmere cables that arrived yesterday
Those Redmere cables really are great, eh? Made my cable management so much easier.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Those Redmere cables really are great, eh? Made my cable management so much easier.
Yep, they sure are. I bought one a little while back, but it wasn't until this week that I got anymore. I knew that I'd be moving some things around once that IPS-1 got removed, so I figured that I might as well clean up those thick HDMI cables.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
There's definitely a certain pucker factor involved whenever I unplug a sub cable from my receiver and forget to power down the sub first. *THUMP!* "F***!!"

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It might just be time to remove the RPA-1, too. I've already moved it out of the center to relocate it to the other side...and now I'm not sure that I want to.

EDIT: Now I think that I'll keep it in the center for now, but I just won't hook it up. I think that I can rearrange and make it look even with the IPS-1 gone, but with both gone, it'll look off. Someday, I'll get a narrower center and put the TV on the wall.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

Okay, at least I got the second two done. :) Hopefully the IPS-1 will get boxed up today.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The IPS-1 has all channels reconnected, got cleaned up, and is back in the box. The odds that I didn't tweak my back are pretty low...so I'm taking a muscle relaxer (a.k.a. light beer).

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So now nether amplifier is connected? Still looking for a class D to replace them?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So now nether amplifier is connected? Still looking for a class D to replace them?
I'm actually quite happy with the Pioneer. I don't listen loud most of the time. I stuck with those Emos out of habit. A bad habit. I figured that I'd paid so much for them, then I should use them. The cost shouldn't have played a part. I should have just written them off and moved on.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I see, I see. Makes sense that you would leave them disconnected. Are they going to be closet bound/entertainment stand bound for the foreseeable future?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The IPS is in the garage. I'll probably leave the RPA in the center for now. It evens out the look, but it's nice not having all the cables running to the amps.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Any plans to sell ;)
Any plans to buy? ;) And, no, I don't think that $75 and an order of lentil chips will do it. Sorry, Steve. :p

Although, had any of you lived next door, I might have considered lugging that thing out of my house to be payment enough... :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis