Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That's odd Track number should be shown first and foremost in by book.
Now that I think about it my Denons flash the track number or chapter thing and then go to a real time counter on the display. I find it somewhat annoying with classical stuff because I don't have any idea what I am listening to and being able to identify it is part of the reason I am listening to it to begin with.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
If it's anything like where I work, they'll start that policy tomorrow. Seems like whenever I'm doing something, it's a pain in the a**. As soon as I stop doing and somebody else starts, it's the best effing thing since sliced bread.

Sorry. A bit of pent up something going on there...
Hey Adam, I think we work at the same place.
I'm surprised we haven't run into each other....:rolleyes::D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Interesting! Some cool features. Just yesterday, though, you said that you wouldn't consider buying an LG. Have you changed your mind?
I wouldn't consider buying an LG Blu ray yesterday because the only thing I had heard about it was from my g/f who heard from her friend at work that it handles Netflix so that they can watch Trueblood

and I have never met anybody in the real world who knew anything outside of Bose, LCD and Kimber Cable (except 1 guy who also likes Panny Plasma but won't take the time to calibrate his audio so he's still iffy in my books). :D

Now that Clint has bestowed his blessing on this ... it's all different now. I also like the Samsung player that Davidtwotrees has because of Pandora Radio even though I don't know what it is and TLS pooh-poohed it but I like the few MCM discs that I have so much that the Oppo's one stop solution and rave PQ and SQ reviews just make it the object of my desire like their is no telling. I just need this ridiculous work situation to turn around and stabilize enough so that I can start spending money again.

I think I may have had too much coffee. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That True Blood picture reminded me a show that I saw in which they explained the reason behind women wearing red lipstick. Well, the show's take on it, anyway.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Remind me - which Denons do you have?
I have a DVD-1920 that my g/f paid $350 for at BB as a Christmas gift for me. It does the MCM and provides a 100Hz x-over that works well enough for the 6 channel out. I wisely accepted it and said thank you even though I told her that she was never to buy me tools or electronics. ;) I mean, she ended up buying what the BB monkey felt like selling and not what I felt like owning. Before then I had no interest in wires at all. Now look at me. :rolleyes:

I also have a Denon DVD-910 that I paid $25 for on Craigslist recently for the second system in the spare room with the TT and the Dayton BR-1's. Even if I had a manual for this I wouldn't read it out of GP.

Remember this?

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52428

I'm still not sure what was said in there other than LPCM=OFF. :)

That 4310 sure is pretty.

I'm petrified of the manual.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have a DVD-1920...

I also have a Denon DVD-910...
I remembered the 1920, but couldn't remember the 910. I looked through the 1920 manual to see if there was a way to change the front panel display (like I can do on my Panasonic DVD player), but I didn't see anything. You can display the track info on screen, though.

I couldn't find anything in the 910 manual to change that front panel display, either.

I'm petrified of the manual.
I relish the challenge. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have to admit - I like my receivers to have a little junk in the trunk. I don't know if the 4310 has too much for me, though.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just sent an inquiry to Amazon regarding a price match of Electronics Expo's deal on the 4310. Amazon's policy is to not price match, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Did you check to see if the coupon is still good over at electronicexpo? It may have went only to the end of the month or today. I'd hate for you to wait for the response from amazon only to miss out.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Did you check to see if the coupon is still good over at electronicexpo? It may have went only to the end of the month or today. I'd hate for you to wait for the response from amazon only to miss out.
It's still good. I checked this morning, and just checked again right now. Good suggestion, though.

I have no experience with Electronics Expo, so I'm a bit leary to order something that pricey from them.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Argggg! The BD60 images taunt me with their display of the track number.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just got a canned response from an Amazon rep regarding their price match policy. No dice, but it was a very quick response.

I've also e-mailed Crutchfield.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Argggg! The BD60 images taunt me with their display of the track number.

According to pg 20 you use the status button on the remote to change the readout. I may have missed a post but what happens when you do it?

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's still good. I checked this morning, and just checked again right now. Good suggestion, though.

I have no experience with Electronics Expo, so I'm a bit leary to order something that pricey from them.
They have to be okay or they wouldn't be an authorized dealer. Sorry the price matching thing didn't work out on Amazon, but you should really try 6ave, because they love to price match and they are excellent to buy from. Just ask me. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I relish the challenge. :D
Challenge? Ughhhh! That's work.
Sound & Vision listed it's predecessor as as one of the top 10 products of the year or something like that plus jostenmeat gives it the thumbs up for PQ. That counts for plenty plus I think it's pretty. :)

It took 2-1/2 hours to post this but the spelling is impeccable. ;)

you should really try 6ave,
AH will price match 6th Ave. ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
According to pg 20 you use the status button on the remote to change the readout. I may have missed a post but what happens when you do it?
Thanks, Craig! Unfortunately, that's the onscreen menu and not the front panel display. I appreciate you looking into it, though!

They have to be okay or they wouldn't be an authorized dealer. Sorry the price matching thing didn't work out on Amazon, but you should really try 6ave, because they love to price match and they are excellent to buy from. Just ask me. :D
Would you recommend 6ave over Electronics Expo? You mentioned that your dad was considering getting the 4310 from EE, right?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis