M

Marin007

Audiophyte
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I’ve wanted to have a home theatre since my first job at Blockbuster Video. I love movies. I know a lot about TVs and picture quality, but have a lot to learn about sound. About 5 years ago we bought our first detached house and it had a finished basement. I wish I could’ve started from scratch down there, but I’ve made it a fun project.

It’s a multi purpose space and an odd shape for a home theatre. We painted the surrounding walls matte black which, when combined with the professionally calibrated OLED, makes for a really nice viewing experience. The audio parts have been slowly collected over time. SVS Prime towers, centre and surrounds. SVS PB 13 Ultra for the sub. Denon 3700H AVR and Panasonic UB820 player for my discs. We also recently bought the Valencia Verona theatre seats which we’re really enjoying.

Finally we get to the purpose of this post. Assistance with room treatment. I’ve watched all the Audioholics live streams on the subject with Gene and Anthony Grimani. I found it very informative, but most of the treatment information I’ve found is for large theatre rooms where as mine is much smaller and oddly shaped. Attached are some pics of our space and the dimensions in cm (sorry, Canadian eh?). Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated as clapping down here sounds…bad.

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis