Accessories4Less Black Friday Sale starts 11/9

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
I'm just going to pretend I didn't see this. $50 buck off a Denon X series or a Marantz SR series AV receiver . . . I need to resist, lol.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm just going to pretend I didn't see this. $50 buck off a Denon X series or a Marantz SR series AV receiver . . . I need to resist, lol.
Yeah, I'm generally disappointed. There are a few pretty good deals, but mostly not much better than any other day.

The Yamaha R-N803 for $500 did get my attention. Often we get someone looking to set up a 2.1 system without getting into HT complications and it offers decent amplification along with YPAO to integrate the sub. I don't know how easy it is to do YPAO without on screen display (I suspect you use your phone or tablet to do this using an App), but it does fill the 2.1 niche (more competently and at a lower price than the non-AVR competition, IMHO).

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
The Pioneer XDP-100R for $199 is a great deal. I have one and it sounds very nice. The ad shows it as a 32gb player, but is expandable to 400gb via (2) 200gb micro SD cards, which is how I have mine configured.

Edit: Yeah, that's it in my avatar...

Last edited:
B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, I'm generally disappointed. There are a few pretty good deals, but mostly not much better than any other day.

The Yamaha R-N803 for $500 did get my attention. Often we get someone looking to set up a 2.1 system without getting into HT complications and it offers decent amplification along with YPAO to integrate the sub. I don't know how easy it is to do YPAO without on screen display (I suspect you use your phone or tablet to do this using an App), but it does fill the 2.1 niche (more competently and at a lower price than the non-AVR competition, IMHO).
The R N803 caught my eye as well but the Onkyo TX 8270 has bass management, good networking features, and similar power specs for $150 less ($350 refurbished).

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ya I’m not “looking” but am curious. I am trying not to buy anything until my 4 Atmos speakers are installed. :)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
The R N803 caught my eye as well but the Onkyo TX 8270 has bass management, good networking features, and similar power specs for $150 less ($350 refurbished).
Good choices to have. The Onkyo has HDMI switching (no big deal to me at this point as I only use one source) and supports DSD (which does interest me) which the Yamaha does not. It looks like the Yamaha's bass management is more advanced (YPAO instead of a simpler crossover control).

I guess it is really up to what features you want and which brand you like. :D

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

I'd assume that it goes the same way as last year, deeper discounts..

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Cool, I didn't realize it had bass management.
I've never tried YPAO, but if it does as good of a job as Audyssey for managing the bass, that is a consideration.
Nonetheless. It sounds like the Onkyo is functionally equivalent to the Outlaw RR2160.

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
The Pioneer XDP-100R for $199 is a great deal. I have one and it sounds great. The ad show it as a 32gb player, but is expandable to 400gb via (2) 200gb micro SD cards, which is how I have mine configured.
Yeah, that's tempting. It runs android 5.1 right?

I've never tried YPAO, but if it does as good of a job as Audyssey for managing the bass, that is a consideration.
Nonetheless. It sounds like the Onkyo is functionally equivalent to the Outlaw RR2160.
Yeah but the outlaw RR22160 is better looking and that counts for something, right ? :)

The outlaw has better power specs (110 watts into 8 ohms, 165 into 4). I own one and use it in my main stereo rig with a pair of PSB floorstanders. The sound quality is excellent but the Onkyo is, I think, the best deal out there in a stereo receiver. I may buy one for my 2.1 home theater set up . . .

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I have never been a HUGE fan of Onkyo, but then again, I have never owned any of their product. I tried to find fault with the 8270 based on Yamaha's base line (Gene's review of the A-S801, with which the 803 shares internals, a nice review over on AVSForum and my own prejudices [I have and love the 801]) but the only negative I gleaned was the report of the DAC sounding a "glassier", "too crisp" and "edgy" (whatever those terms may mean) via SoundStage!Simplifi comparing it to the Outlaw RR2160. If I were in the market and was, as usual, lacking funds, the Onkyo would look very attractive to me!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, that's tempting. It runs android 5.1 right?

Yeah but the outlaw RR22160 is better looking and that counts for something, right ? :)

The outlaw has better power specs (110 watts into 8 ohms, 165 into 4). I own one and use it in my main stereo rig with a pair of PSB floorstanders. The sound quality is excellent but the Onkyo is, I think, the best deal out there in a stereo receiver. I may buy one for my 2.1 home theater set up . . .
Indeed it does!

And yes, the Outlaw is much better looking than the Onkyo. I don't know if it makes the music sound better, but it sure would ease my aesthetic sensitivities...

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Be nice to see the Boston A series on sale. The Pioneer DAP is a great deal I think it was $4-500 price range. Other than that I don't need anything else.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Isn't this that?:)
OH damn you had to show me this. I may get the A25. The A23's are fantastic.
Hope the Pioneer 300(wifi) DAP goes down to $250.00 or less. Don't need it but it looks so cool. Thanks Kurt.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
OH damn you had to show me this. I may get the A25. The A23's are fantastic.
Hope the Pioneer 300(wifi) DAP goes down to $250.00 or less. Don't need it but it looks so cool. Thanks Kurt.
Temptation is my middle name!
A pair of new A25's (not refurbbed) for $150 is hard to argue with!
Regarding the Pioneer DAP, (I know you know this, but others might not),in the past A4L's sale items get modified as time passes and the sale runs up to New Years IIRC. I think it all depends on the size of their inventory and which items they want to move.

Also, it is strange how they are pricing each of so many Yamaha units on a one-by-one basis!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hmm already says 15% off canton when you add to cart. Wonder if they drop further at Black Friday or Dec etc.
Interesting!
I just checked the Boston Acoustics A25 and the Pioneer DAP and neither is discounted yet!
Good catch!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Interesting!
I just checked the Boston Acoustics A25 and the Pioneer DAP and neither is discounted yet!
Good catch!
I'm patient. Better so they won't run out fast. Boston A series is amazing too bad no one hardly knows about them. Not refurb surprised.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I’m waiting for the Denon AVRX6400h to go on sale.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis